Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CarPlay solution for Tesla by Michal Gapinski using Raspberry Pi with Android

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So to upgrade just flash image on sd card?
Yes. Can't confirm it yet but that's what he said. As soon as it's released I'm sure a bunch of us will be racing to install it.

I'd recommend getting a new card for it so you can keep your old install in case there are bugs in the new one. Or, I guess you could make an image backup of your current install, but seems like a lot of work when the cards are so cheap.

Reactions: ElectricAnt54
ChangelogItem(
title: "LTE",
shortDescription: "Fixes for Huawei E3372",
descriptionMarkdown:
"### Previous release broke support for Huawei E3372. This issue is now resolved.",

Hmm..hopefully this allows Alcatel LTE to work too. I asked on Twitter, no response. If not, this might be my first attempt to contribute back to the project. :).

Ugh. Image size is 64.09GB on my Mac. Raspberry Pi Imager says my SD card is 62.5GB. No go. Guess I'll try clearing the format on the card.

Wiped the card using Windows DISKPART then CLEAN to remove any formatting. Mac still shows it as 62.53GB in Disk Utility.

Two other reports on Twitter of same issue. One guy has a SanDisk card. Mine is this one

Last edited:
Ugh. Image size is 64.09GB on my Mac. Raspberry Pi Imager says my SD card is 62.5GB. No go. Guess I'll try clearing the format on the card.
i Used the manual install method (there is a link in release page) on my 32gb card. Might work on your 62.5GB (available space).
so far it feels really fast! Have not tried CarPlay yet. Gotta take kids out for Halloween. Gonna be a late night for me 🎃tinkering with this new build after I get home.

Flashed and deployed successfully. My phones and iPad connected to it just fine but the car keeps saying unable to obtain IP address
Did the manual setup. Went well, but a couple of glitches. Worked fine on my laptop. First connection in car it couldn't get IP address but I just tried again and it took awhile but connected.

Then, in the Tesla browser I was getting "display service unreachable" or whatever. Clearing browser data on the Tesla was the fix. Seems OK, maybe faster, but I also got a Tesla update tonight.

Flashed and deployed successfully. My phones and iPad connected to it just fine but the car keeps saying unable to obtain IP address
Same here. Tesla software 2022.36.5

Attachments

• 776E78D7-5E82-4DF8-9BA6-B1837C95012C.jpeg
    776E78D7-5E82-4DF8-9BA6-B1837C95012C.jpeg
    275.6 KB · Views: 79
Did the manual setup. Went well, but a couple of glitches. Worked fine on my laptop. First connection in car it couldn't get IP address but I just tried again and it took awhile but connected.

Then, in the Tesla browser I was getting "display service unreachable" or whatever. Clearing browser data on the Tesla was the fix. Seems OK, maybe faster, but I also got a Tesla update tonight.

I used a 128GB to flash the large image and go the one step way. All worked except the Alcatel modem. Still does not connect to the cellular network. Not a problem since I have the micro router I mentioned previously so all work with this addon perfectly. Hopefully he fixes this Alcatel modem issue. It could a US problem only and that is why he does not have the problem on his testing.

There's an update coming to resolve the connection issues, and 64GB flash card issue with 2022.44.1.