Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CarPlay solution for Tesla by Michal Gapinski using Raspberry Pi with Android

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The script you mention checks to see if modem is in MBIM mode & if so, permanently puts the modem in RNDIS mode. So “in theory”, the script only affects your modem once.

Maybe check to see that you have 4G data left in your cellular plan. If I run out of 4G data, my provider falls back to 3G which no longer exists in USA so I end up with no connection at all. Perhaps you have same issue? That reminds me I need to switch to a provider that will throttle 4G rather than cut my connectivity totally 🤣. Mint mobile here I come….

Perhaps make a thread for this topic in the Reddit community. There are a few more European users there too.
You are switching to Mint? What did you use before.. Tello?

If so how much is the cost difference between the two providers?

along this talk about data usage. I have been wondering if a usb wifi modem will allow the rpi to connect to phone hotspot, which if it works can eliminate the lte modem and one less SIM card plan to maintain. Any thoughts if this might work?

Tesla Android 2023.18.2 is now available via over the air update or flashing an image file. I’ve installed it & used it for a day or two.

👍 This version corrects the display lag introduced in 2023.18.1 . Display is nice and speedy. Hardware acceleration is nice.

👍 Hotspot appears a lot faster around 70 seconds when using faster microSD such as Samsung pro endurance 128GB (I think 64GB was slower specs if memory is correct).

See the open source’s official website , twitter or Reddit communities for more details.

Last edited:
Tesla Android 2023.18.2 is now available via over the air update or flashing an image file. I’ve installed it & used it for a day or two.

👍 This version corrects the display lag introduced in 2023.18.1 . Display is nice and speedy. Hardware acceleration is nice.

👍 Hotspot appears a lot faster around 70 seconds when using faster microSD such as Samsung pro endurance 128GB (I think 64GB was slower specs if memory is correct).

See the open source’s official website , twitter or Reddit communities for more details.
I can confirm new update is a lot faster. Is hardware acceleration on by default?

Reactions: ElectricAnt54
Reactions: CHRGED3 and Futaba
Thanks! So the USB-C port in the center console cannot not be used to power a Raspberry Pi? Just want to double check. Thanks.
It can. I've used when I loaned by cigarette usb power adapter + usb-A / usb-c cable with power switch to a friend. I believe in my blog I post why I use a usb-A to usb-c cable with power switch. Might want to read the info if you have not already.

Reactions: Futaba