Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cars and Coffee - Dallas

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Two of us showed up on Saturday. I thought there might have been more despite the weather because of the ToysForTots thing. (e.g. already bought the toy, so why not go).

On another note, I have ordered 25 sets of Tesla T decals from the DIYLettering. An example is shown here. Each set has one large Tesla T, one small Tesla T, and one round Tesla T.

DIYLettering.com.jpg

We intended on going but our daughters' school had a function for the entire morning, so we couldn't make it. We'll try again next month.

Also, Jerry, I have a vinyl cutter and can make whatever you might like in the future. That's what I use for the Supercharger signs I make.

Jerry, nice decals! ;)

I'm selling my Roadster and am about to put a deposit down on a Model S. Hope to join you guys again once I get it! :)

Two of us showed up on Saturday. I thought there might have been more despite the weather because of the ToysForTots thing. (e.g. already bought the toy, so why not go).

On another note, I have ordered 25 sets of Tesla T decals from the DIYLettering. An example is shown here. Each set has one large Tesla T, one small Tesla T, and one round Tesla T.

View attachment 38151

Weather for this coming Saturday will be a huge improvement from this past December 2013's Cars and Coffee.
Hope you are able to attend and share the Tesla grin....

The better the weather on Saturday, the earlier you should plan to arrive (to get in), because the lots still tends to fill up fast (and BMW has taken over a large part of the lot with their own cars.)

It was great meeting everyone today! It really feels like we are unpaid salesmen, out there! Weather was great, if a little windy and chilly but it was generally fun! Looking forward to the next one!.

Agreed! It was great. Spending so much time in the Tesla community, it's easy to forget how little the lay public knows about Tesla, even among a group of car enthusiasts. I spent a great deal of time helping to correct some misconceptions, including that the Model S is not a hybrid.

Agreed! It was great. Spending so much time in the Tesla community, it's easy to forget how little the lay public knows about Tesla, even among a group of car enthusiasts. I spent a great deal of time helping to correct some misconceptions, including that the Model S is not a hybrid.

That's the second most common question group, "Where is the engine?, How often do you have to put gas in?, etc.". The most common is "How far does it go?".

Yeah, I think Jerry's sales figures are slacking a bit, he only sold about 12 cars (MS and MX) today.
Like the man says, "If you enjoy/love what you are doing, you will never work a day in your life." :biggrin:

Great group of MS owners today, lots of enthusiasm, even with the cool wind.
One MS parked away from the rest of us, I went to find him, (saw his gray MS) could not find out who it is or speak with him.
I personally had several conversations with very interested folks, we even gave a couple of test drives to the more interested ones as things wound down.

A couple of sets of father/sons were in attendance.
One father/son I helped a bit, all they could say was "Wow", which was much better (to me) than any amount of regular cash you could throw my direction.
I gave them some advice and a little direction on several youtube videos to watch.

It generally starts with a spark....

Weather on Saturday morning started out foggy (very foggy in my part of town), finally cleared up, became sunny and warm.
And sleet today.
Go figure.

So EVERYbody else decided to show up yesterday, all kinds of cars, and LOTS of 'em.
Looking ahead, as the weather conditions get warmer, if you want an actual parking spot, you have to get there even EARLIER.
I will probably shoot for 6:00 AM (or earlier) next month (to get a space between some stripes).

I'm planning to go. Just need to get up real, real early!

Alright, car is washed & vacuumed. Who will be there tomorrow? If I'm the only one I'm worried I won't get a chance to look at any other cars. :D

Last edited: