Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cast your Vote to make model 3 car of the year on Carwow

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry, the Model 3 is great in some areas but lacking in other. IMO it doesn't deserve this title yet.

Let's get some downvotes here. Cue in the fanbois :))))

Model 3 is superior to the 3 series. 3 series is archaic

I would never step foot in a gas bmw

The reason why the bmw is winning in votes is because carwow fanbase consists of gear heads that haven't yet experience the new age spaceship the Model 3 is.

The votes mean nothing coming from them

Model 3 is superior to the 3 series. 3 series is archaic

I would never step foot in a gas bmw

The reason why the bmw is winning in votes is because carwow fanbase consists of gear heads that haven't yet experience the new age spaceship the Model 3 is.

The votes mean nothing coming from them

The thing is "car of the year" should mean something overall, not just acceleration and being and EV vs ICE. It should cover everything from consistent build quality all the way to customer support, both of which Tesla lacks a lot for now.

I'm not saying the Model 3 is not a good car, it's just not the perfect car some here want to make it appear to be.

The thing is "car of the year" should mean something overall, not just acceleration and being and EV vs ICE. It should cover everything from consistent build quality all the way to customer support, both of which Tesla lacks a lot for now.

I'm not saying the Model 3 is not a good car, it's just not the perfect car some here want to make it appear to be.
Who says it's perfect? It's as flawed as any other creation. It is, however, highly distinctive in the marketplace and absolutely wonderful as a daily driver or road trip machine or back-road flogger.

It's like asking kids which console they like better, Xbox or PS4. They will pick the one they own to validate their position. Most of those voting probably can't even drive.

Car of the year doesn't mean it's perfect. It means it's the best one. Is the 3 series perfect? No.

Ok, I could have worded that part differently. Car of the year doesn't mean it has to be perfect, but it should be good in more areas than the Model 3 is good in. There, that sounds better.

I still stand by what I said, if it had consistently good build quality, not a noisy interior, good customer support/service, then yes, I would have voted for it too. As it stands now, it's a fun and fast EV but with enough shortcomings which should keep such a title away from it. Looks like the poll agrees with me so far...

Reactions: camalaio and Dan84