Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cat damaged leather!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So Friday morning I opened the driver's door, leaned in, and turned on the A/C about 10 minutes before I left for work. (No 3G in garage...so can't use app).

I closed the door one click and went off to get ready to leave. I come back to the car and I find my cat is inside. I let him out...after getting over the initial panic that he'd been in there all night (where did he pee, where is the poo?) I realized he must have snuck in 10 minutes earlier.

OK, so I have to clean some hair off the dash. No big deal...

...Until I find some scratches on the driver's seat leather--around the shoulder area. 4 nice claw-spaced scratches through the "surface part" of the leather. Ugh. I go through a long 3 year wait for this car, and less than 6 months into owning it, my friggin' cat scratches the leather.

I'm crying quite a bit on the inside.

Anyone know of any way to repair the leather...something I can do myself? The scratches didn't cut all the way through, but they have damaged the surface.

So Friday morning I opened the driver's door, leaned in, and turned on the A/C about 10 minutes before I left for work. (No 3G in garage...so can't use app).

I closed the door one click and went off to get ready to leave. I come back to the car and I find my cat is inside. I let him out...after getting over the initial panic that he'd been in there all night (where did he pee, where is the poo?) I realized he must have snuck in 10 minutes earlier.

OK, so I have to clean some hair off the dash. No big deal...

...Until I find some scratches on the driver's seat leather--around the shoulder area. 4 nice claw-spaced scratches through the "surface part" of the leather. Ugh. I go through a long 3 year wait for this car, and less than 6 months into owning it, my friggin' cat scratches the leather.

I'm crying quite a bit on the inside.

Anyone know of any way to repair the leather...something I can do myself? The scratches didn't cut all the way through, but they have damaged the surface.
http://m.wikihow.com/Repair-Scratches-on-Leather-Furniture

Good luck fixing the leather. My daughter did something to my leather Roadster seat a couple of months after I bought it (she slid down in the seat with a spiked belt on).

Of course, prevention is generally preferred to repair. You can keep better track of your cats in the future with something like this:

Cat_carrier.png

Good luck fixing the leather. My daughter did something to my leather Roadster seat a couple of months after I bought it (she slid down in the seat with a spiked belt on).

Of course, prevention is generally preferred to repair. You can keep better track of your cats in the future with something like this:

View attachment 24675

Haha, that's a good one! Thanks Btrflyl8e...I'll give that a try.

I did something similar myself years ago. I was working in the garage and got into my car to move it out of the way... with a screwdriver sticking out of my back pocket. Ugh!