Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Catalysts, Due Diligence, and Market Timing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You are right about already producing 600 cars, I forgot about that interview. Still, 600x50 weeks (deducting 2 weeks for holidays, etc.) is 30k, and 800x50 (800 being their target for end of 2014) is 40k. So that puts us between 30-40k Model Ses for next year.
Unless they are pushing production even further... but that would need to be a pretty agressive ramp. Not that I would mind seeing an official projecton of 50k Model Ses + 3-5k Model Xes. :tongue:

At the same time, I have some agreement with your trepidation about over zealous analysts building in higher than reasonable expectations. Seems to me the 35k number should be a solidly viewed number for the stock, and if 40k, pump up the value from here (gap fill to $180 for example).

At the same time, I have some agreement with your trepidation about over zealous analysts building in higher than reasonable expectations. Seems to me the 35k number should be a solidly viewed number for the stock, and if 40k, pump up the value from here (gap fill to $180 for example).

I agree. I got caught up in some of the pre Q3 hype so I would like to see guidance for production numbers for 2014 to be realistic, but beatable. I would put that number at 35K. 30K model S and 5K model X. I believe that is doable and beatable.

I agree. I got caught up in some of the pre Q3 hype so I would like to see guidance for production numbers for 2014 to be realistic, but beatable. I would put that number at 35K. 30K model S and 5K model X. I believe that is doable and beatable.
Same.
After Q3 I'm mostly just worried about what the analysts are saying. If they are predicting 40k or more I would be concerned. Depending on how Elon views the battery constraints, I could see him still sandbag. I agree though that 35k is what we should hope for. Anything more would be nice, ​but definitely not something we should expect.

Tesla is slated to hold a press conference at the North American International Auto Show (Detroit) on Tuesday the 14th of January.

Any predictions?

no clue, could be anything or nothing. However, Panasonic is also holding a press conference at the show the day before on Monday afternoon the 13th. Any guesses on what Panasonic will talk about at their press conference?
I'm just as interested or more maybe more interested in that one.

no clue, could be anything or nothing. However, Panasonic is also holding a press conference at the show the day before on Monday afternoon the 13th. Any guesses on what Panasonic will talk about at their press conference?
I'm just as interested or more maybe more interested in that one.
It would be nice if Elon showed up at the Panasonic one and they announced a joint venture giga battery factory!

Well, accurate or not, the TMC unofficial Model X tally just passed the 10,000 mark - and by a healthy margin. IF actual reservations are over 10k now too and IF they choose to disclose that either during the Model X beta reveal or as part of the 2014 outlook in the Q4 report, that would be a catalyst for sure.

AT&T and TM have signed multi year agreement: Positive catalysts today http://finance.yahoo.com/news/inplay-briefing-com-055139997.html#tsla
Thanks for the link to the news, but somehow I doubt this is going to set the financial markets on fire. :)

It will be interesting how they will handle this in Europe... country by country or try and find a major operator who is present in most countries and have a big agreement. Maybe they will wait until AT&T buys Vodafone in Europe. :)

Regarding rumor: "big staff meeting today?": just dropped my car off for installation of twin charger at the Oslo SC. LOTS of staff there AND I met Jerome Guillen there who looked like he came straight from the airport (?). So maybe something exciting to come today/this week?