Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Categories of most screwed Tesla owners.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
People who purchased the Model S 60 to 75 battery unlock for $9000 or $7000, before they dropped the upgrade price to $2K, as well as lowered the price of new 75's by $7K. Those folks were out $5-7K with no consideration.

I think there are numerous other examples of way more financial impact than most of this list.

I covered that - point #6 on the original post.

No one mentioned those who bought the MR for $46k? - For $3k more, you could have gotten 85+ miles more range, faster acceleration, and lifetime premium connectivity.

Lol you are a clever clogs. While you are right, I’d get shredded if I listed buying a 3MR as a screw yourself move.

I am recommending the 3MR over the 3SR though for a little over 3K. More range , better exterior and interior.

Pre July orders of 3LR and 3AWD in 2018 were the best deals as you got cheaper premium paint , cheaper AWD, cheaper delivery and free premium LTE. Affordability is a problem even if on a ratio basis a trim is better than another trim.

I couldn’t buy a 750 mile range car even if it was only 125k.

Reactions: Cowby
Yeah it’s feeling like early adopters are hurting right now. Nice of Elon to offer FSD for $2,000 for those of us that bought EAP for $5k but I personally do not want to give them MORE money when my same car is $3500 less now than when I bought it 6 months ago.

Reactions: SunCharged
Yeah it’s feeling like early adopters are hurting right now. Nice of Elon to offer FSD for $2,000 for those of us that bought EAP for $5k but I personally do not want to give them MORE money when my same car is $3500 less now than when I bought it 6 months ago.

I am in the same boat, don't feel like paying more money when my car is -$15,000 less than when I bought it just 3 months ago.

What about Model 3 owners who took delivery right before Tesla gave free supercharging for 6 months with a referral code? I was one of those. :(

I could have saved like $200 in charging in those 6 months.
I was one of those too and spent about $1k in supercharging in about 6 months after delivery. I'm not upset by that any more, though. For some reason, my Model 3 RWD is now listed as having free unlimited supercharging and haven't paid a cent in months now. I've probably saved about ~$800 or so in supercharging costs by now. :)

If you do an EV plan with your energy company you will get off the tier system and have super off peak rates at under .10 per kWh.
I am on TOU-D-B and have been since 2016, my home uses enough energy that it would not make sense for the ev tou rate.
I was shocked at $0.08 per kw though and was wondering where that was, makes sense now that you point it out, thanks.

Reactions: wehearttessla
In light of today's price drop, I'd thought I'd post the new updated rankings for "most screwed". Feel free to debate and I'll update my list if good cases are made.

1 - Those who took delivery of S/X AP1 cars right before AP2 release.
2 - Model S P85 owners that bought cars that were far less powerful than advertised.
3 - Model S/X owners who bought 90D/P100D and took free supercharging with the knowledge 100D wasn't going to get it. Guess what, 100D did get it.
4 - Those who leased AP2 cars at introduction.
5 - Model S P85 owners who missed the window for ludicrious upgrade.
6 - Model S/X 60D owners who unlocked their batteries too early.
7 - Model 3P- owners who could have gotten free Performance upgrade package.
8 - Model 3P+ owners with white seats and keeping FUSC.
9 - Model 3 owners who took delivery between Jan 1st, 2019 and February 4th, 2019.

This list has helped me figure who has the fastest, cheapest, bestest Tesla.

My neighbor.

Tagging @AnxietyRanger who also maintains lists and might be amused. ;)
I'm category 1 on this list.
My punishment has been 2.5 years of perfect autopilot since the afternoon I drove out of the dealership.

Reactions: thecloud