Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Categories of most screwed Tesla owners.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I own two Model 3's. In both cases I got what I contracted for at the price I contracted for it. If someone gets a better deal, more power to them. Going along on the theme of the original post, it is way off. I have a friend who was hit by what should be numbers one and two.

1) Friend received his Model S 85 without AP1 the same day other colors were being delivered with AP1. He got what he ordered but the others got AP1 for free.
2) His wife decided she need a Tesla. She got an S60. The same dayshe picked up her S60, it was dropped from online and replaced by the S75.

My fried loves his Teslas but says he has the worst Tesla luck of anyone.

Wow.. your friend can reach out to me before next car. People agree to purchase what they purchase, so no one is really "screwed" but people do end up with better deals depending on their timing choices! Understanding history allows one to make less mistakes in the future (hopefully)

In cases 1 and 2... your friend could have forfeited the deposits and ended up ahead rolling them into the newer cars. Tesla being often nice may not have held deposit forfeiture against them when used to purchase another vehicle.

Reactions: P85_DA
Yeah, List price on my P3D- was $71,000, after tax credit and $5k refund I'm looking at $58.5k for a brand new car that does 0-60 in 3.2 seconds. You can remove P3D- owners from that list as far as I'm concerned.
Honestly, P3D- owners got a steal if you opted for the 5k refund. I am one of them! If you counted tax credits, it was 51.5K base price for the black/black P3D-. No other car can go that fast for 51.5K. This is camaro/mustang/corvette territory right there in terms of price/performance without the negative connotations. You can be "environmentally friendly" but sexy at the same time!

In light of today's price drop, I'd thought I'd post the new updated rankings for "most screwed". Feel free to debate and I'll update my list if good cases are made.

1 - Those who took delivery of S/X AP1 cars right before AP2 release.
2 - Model S P85 owners that bought cars that were far less powerful than advertised.
3 - Model S/X owners who bought 90D/P100D and took free supercharging with the knowledge 100D wasn't going to get it. Guess what, 100D did get it.
4 - Those who leased AP2 cars at introduction.
5 - Model S P85 owners who missed the window for ludicrious upgrade.
6 - Model S/X 60D owners who unlocked their batteries too early.
7 - Model 3P- owners who could have gotten free Performance upgrade package.
8 - Model 3P+ owners with white seats and keeping FUSC.
9 - Model 3 owners who took delivery between Jan 1st, 2019 and February 4th, 2019.

This list has helped me figure who has the fastest, cheapest, bestest Tesla.

My neighbor.

Tagging @AnxietyRanger who also maintains lists and might be amused. ;)
What about Model 3 owners who took delivery right before Tesla gave free supercharging for 6 months with a referral code? I was one of those. :(

I could have saved like $200 in charging in those 6 months.

Sorry, I was replying regarding those who purchased between "Jan 1st, 2019 and February 4th, 2019" as was indicated by the OP. If you purchased a year ago, your car probably didn't qualify for the referral program at that time. I don't remember exactly when the referral program became available to all Model 3 purchases.
The Performance Model 3 had free Supercharging when it was first released last summer. The non-Performance Model 3 didn't get free Supercharging until October or so. We took delivery of an AWD Model 3 in September and didn't get any free Supercharging. We also got a Performance Model 3 in December but opted for the 9 months of free Supercharging instead of lifetime Supercharging.

Is there a model S version that can’t supercharge? If so that should be on there.
Yes. Some early cars didn't pay to enable Supercharging. They can pay to enable it.

You're definitely forgetting to include everyone who missed out on the alcantara headliners.
And the fold-flat rear seats.

Where is the outrage? :mad:
Top right of this page there is a little magnifying glass. Click that and enter "alcantara", enough rage to fill the ocean is immortalized for the enjoyment of countless generations that will come after us. :cool:

Fortunately not in a screwed category yet, but it might come. OTOH, we cannot be screwed cause there really is no alternative. All the lower priced EV are just not the same league. The higher priced ones are way higher and not demonstrably better. This car is the definition of the sweet spot.

Sorry, I was replying regarding those who purchased between "Jan 1st, 2019 and February 4th, 2019" as was indicated by the OP. If you purchased a year ago, your car probably didn't qualify for the referral program at that time. I don't remember exactly when the referral program became available to all Model 3 purchases.

Okay! Thank you. Tesla has so many "now-you-see-it, now-you don't" situations that it is hard to keep track!

In light of today's price drop, I'd thought I'd post the new updated rankings for "most screwed". Feel free to debate and I'll update my list if good cases are made.

1 - Those who took delivery of S/X AP1 cars right before AP2 release.
2 - Model S P85 owners that bought cars that were far less powerful than advertised.
3 - Model S/X owners who bought 90D/P100D and took free supercharging with the knowledge 100D wasn't going to get it. Guess what, 100D did get it.
4 - Those who leased AP2 cars at introduction.
5 - Model S P85 owners who missed the window for ludicrious upgrade.
6 - Model S/X 60D owners who unlocked their batteries too early.
7 - Model 3P- owners who could have gotten free Performance upgrade package.
8 - Model 3P+ owners with white seats and keeping FUSC.
9 - Model 3 owners who took delivery between Jan 1st, 2019 and February 4th, 2019.

This list has helped me figure who has the fastest, cheapest, bestest Tesla.

My neighbor.

Tagging @AnxietyRanger who also maintains lists and might be amused. ;)

Freakin eh! I hit number 1 and 9 on that list! What’s the odds on that!

• Funny
Reactions: Electroman