Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CCS Adapter 1537264-00-B

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m very interested in picking up a CCS adapter and just wondering if there’s a consensus on the best company to buy from? Harumio looks cheapest on a quick google search. My Y I picked up last day of 2020 says enabled for CCS adapter on the addition info area so I’m thinking it should be good to go to charge with the adapter?

Also wondering what charge speeds people are seeing? Is it similar to a supercharger? Does it help to trick the cat by navigating to a supercharger and get the battery precondition chilling going?

Cheers all!

Reactions: Dinevski
I’m very interested in picking up a CCS adapter and just wondering if there’s a consensus on the best company to buy from? Harumio looks cheapest on a quick google search. My Y I picked up last day of 2020 says enabled for CCS adapter on the addition info area so I’m thinking it should be good to go to charge with the adapter?

Also wondering what charge speeds people are seeing? Is it similar to a supercharger? Does it help to trick the cat by navigating to a supercharger and get the battery precondition chilling going?

Cheers all!
If enabled then your in luck.

Harumio is probably your best bet unless you can find someone selling locally, They are reputable and have quick delivery.

As for speeds , there are some videos on YouTube showing the speeds . It’s been shown to even peak above the rated KW but only for a short time as normal with fast charging.

Reactions: Jake AZ
Got a 3% discount code for Harumio when I got my Adapter if anyone is going to get the CCS adapter. It’s not much but I’m never gonna use it and I think it’s only single use. Anyways .. first one to use it gets it !

Code : LX-A6I0RN

Reactions: Jake AZ
I would perform this at your own risk. That being said, I don’t believe that this would cause any direct issues as the charge controller ecu is present in many others.

If your worried about warranty issues then I would wait until/if Tesla comes out with their retrofit.
Thanks! I’ll probably wait then. My A/C compressor was replaced under warranty just two months ago. I realize it’s something completely different but I’m just paranoid now of some other part going bad and needing to be replaced. I wanted to do the HEPA filter one too but decided to wait.

Does it help to trick the cat by navigating to a supercharger and get the battery precondition chilling going?
In the winter I would especially want the battery preconditioned (warmed). But if the only way to do that is to navigate to a Tesla Supercharger, and if the CCS charger is nowhere nearby (or I could use the Supercharger), then there's a problem.