Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CCS Adapter for North America

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am getting the sense that, in general, the Harumio procedure takes a little more time than the other process ("Order Korea"?).

It seems like both Harumio and Delivered are both very fast. I don't think anyone here has reported it taking more than two weeks for either service, and many report one week or even a bit less. That seems pretty incredible to me, given 2-3 f those days are getting the item from Tesla to the proxy service. I used Delivered and I would definitely use them again. I like the control I have over the process more than I would with Hariumo. (For instance, if Tesla cancels your order, as some are still reporting as happening, it's going to be an extra hassle to process that back through Harumio than if you placed the order with Tesla yourself. Not to mention not having to jump through hoops with your Tesla account setup to give Harumio access to it.)

I am getting the sense that, in general, the Harumio procedure takes a little more time than the other process ("Order Korea"?). For Harumio, I thought that the (simplified) sequence was:
  1. Pay Harumio invoice (and Harumio immediately places order with Tesla-Korea).
  2. Receive order confirmation from Tesla-Korea. (~2 days)
  3. Harumio receives adapter from Tesla-Korea. (~5-7 days)
  4. Harumio transfers adapter to (DHL or FedEx) shipper. (~1 day)
  5. North American customer receives adapter. (~5-7 days.)
I outlined my ordering process here. But I am hearing that some people are getting their adapters from Harumio sooner than the expected 2 weeks (from payment to doorstep)?

Just hoping that my adapter doesn't end up with Tom Hanks.

It took me exactly one week from payment to my doorstep.

It seems like both Harumio and Delivered are both very fast. I don't think anyone here has reported it taking more than two weeks for either service, and many report one week or even a bit less. That seems pretty incredible to me, given 2-3 f those days are getting the item from Tesla to the proxy service. I used Delivered and I would definitely use them again. I like the control I have over the process more than I would with Hariumo. (For instance, if Tesla cancels your order, as some are still reporting as happening, it's going to be an extra hassle to process that back through Harumio than if you placed the order with Tesla yourself. Not to mention not having to jump through hoops with your Tesla account setup to give Harumio access to it.)
I tried Delivered first, but none of my CC would work. Not even my Amex Platinum card.

I tried Delivered first, but none of my CC would work. Not even my Amex Platinum card.
The credit card companies are weird on this. My primary card wouldn't work at Tesla KR, so I used another, but that primary card worked fine with Delivered. However, I think Delivered actually charged in US$, not KR₩. Tesla definitely charged in ₩.

I just went through this. You filled out the form once they got it and the package should now be "received" by them. The next step to get it shipped is still for you to do. In the green bar at the top you click on "My Packages" and add it to cart, check out, pay for shipping etc. On the dashboard, once it shows in the "shipping paid" section you should be done and just wait for them to ship it.
Thank you for the instructions. Delivered Korea had received my package but I didn't know what the next steps were. I have now paid for shipping and hopefully will get it in several days.

Reactions: lUtriaNt and Parac
Got mine today from Harumio. 8 days from payment to my doorstep in western US.

Charging speeds are just slightly better than Chademo (40-50kW) on Electrify America chargers rated for 150kW. This is because the 150kW rating on the EA charger is for a higher voltage, and the Tesla battery architecture is ~400V.

Some reports say that the 350kW Electrify America chargers can peak at 100+, or even 150+ kW, but they seem to drop off quickly and maybe even fall below 50kW (because of overheating possibly?).

Charging speeds are just slightly better than Chademo (40-50kW) on Electrify America chargers rated for 150kW. This is because the 150kW rating on the EA charger is for a higher voltage, and the Tesla battery architecture is ~400V.

Some reports say that the 350kW Electrify America chargers can peak at 100+, or even 150+ kW, but they seem to drop off quickly and maybe even fall below 50kW (because of overheating possibly?).
Need to make sure your battery is preconditioned if you want to get speeds higher than 50 kW. I believe one user above got up to 178 kW

Reactions: lUtriaNt and echen

Electrify America has different chargers that are anywhere from 350 A to 500 A.

That means that on a 400 V battery, the chargers should be able to do anywhere from 140 kW to 200 kW.

Reactions: FalconFour
I just went through this. You filled out the form once they got it and the package should now be "received" by them. The next step to get it shipped is still for you to do. In the green bar at the top you click on "My Packages" and add it to cart, check out, pay for shipping etc. On the dashboard, once it shows in the "shipping paid" section you should be done and just wait for them to ship it.
Thanks for that. The UI on that page is rather confusing. It looked like I could only get it repackaged, not shipped from that page. Paid $41 for the fedex shipping, hopefully it gets here quick.

Reactions: Parac
Just had Harum.io place an order for me and it cost $323.63. A bit pricier than MSRP in Korea, but I wasn't able to get any of my credit cards (including a US Amex card) to work for my purchase using Delivered to dropship. I was a bit hesitant to change/give them my credentials, but they have solid reviews it seems. So far so good - I'll report back.
I would like to hear back from you if you receive your adapter. I am hesitant to give out my Tesla account info to Harumio. Did you end up changing your account info after placing the order? This is one accessory that is a definite must for me to get. I keep hoping the Tesla site will offer it, but as soon as they do, it won't be long until it is sold out!

I would like to hear back from you if you receive your adapter. I am hesitant to give out my Tesla account info to Harumio. Did you end up changing your account info after placing the order? This is one accessory that is a definite must for me to get. I keep hoping the Tesla site will offer it, but as soon as they do, it won't be long until it is sold out!
I see you are new to the forums but if you read through this thread you will find many people have received the adapter already. I placed my order on Monday with Harumio. No concerns at all.

If you had read through subsequent thread posts that I made, you'd find that yes, I did receive the adapter. I just re-enabled 2 factor auth after the order was placed. You can change your password back once the order is placed.

Reactions: Jeremy3292