Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CCS Adapter is Now Available in the US Tesla Store

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So interestingly, when I log into the shop it won't let me order one. It says "no delivered cars in your account". I wonder if this is because our late 2021 Y was delivered with a stripped ECU? IOW, we do show that we don't have the CCS compatibility enabled.

Kind of bummed I can't order one, and it says on the site retrofit will start to be available early 2023.
Did you log in with the primary account? I was chatting with a friend, and it wouldn't let him purchase unless he logged in with his wife's account, becuase she was listed as primary.

Reactions: VegasMYP
Did you log in with the primary account? I was chatting with a friend, and it wouldn't let him purchase unless he logged in with his wife's account, becuase she was listed as primary.
Yes, I did log in with primary. The message changed to indicate that I'd require a retrofit (versus no delivered cars in your account), so I suspect they've been tweaking the order page as they go along.

Reactions: VegasMYP
bummer, can’t order for a 2018 M3 RWD… of course this requires a retrofit of the charging port/wiring, but still would be nice to order it now.. and maybe I have updated my wiring?
I also have a 2018 without the CCS module. I successfully ordered the adapter though via the website. The Tesla app wouldn’t let me. I’m sure this thing will sell out so decided to get it even if I still have to wait for module retrofit to become available.

Tesla is going to offer a retrofit, but it won’t happen until early 2023. In order to order the adapter, Tesla owners need to log into their Tesla account so that Tesla knows if their vehicle is compatible. If not, Tesla owners can’t even order, as Tesla likely wants to prioritize orders for Tesla owners who don’t need the retrofit.

C7F59FBB-8096-44B8-BA96-D59DE5A1E557.jpeg

I should probably read to the end of the thread before commenting... but with that being said....

I have 2 teslas, my 2018 Model 3 and my wifes 2022 Model Y. When I went to order this, I logged in, and it said "your model Y is compatible" or some such. My model 3 will require a retrofit, as I never did it myself (wanted it done by tesla, and was willing to wait).

So, there is some sort of check going on, where they wont sell you this unless you have a vehicle in your account currently that is compatible. Kinda nice really, otherwise scalpers would buy them all (may happen anyway, but at least this might slow them down a bit).

Does the shop page for the adapter not let you order because your car isn't seen as compatible? It will let me order if I want one "This accessory fits your 2018 Model 3", but I retrofitted my car a while ago to be CCS1 compatible. That would mean that the online shop can query some database or check status with the car as to whether or not it is compatible.
I was able to order with my August 2018 delivered model 3 as the only car on my account. I did retrofit it myself with the rev 4 charging ECU last month so I think they are looking at what your car reports it supports, not just decoding the VIN.

Is this Canada site? en-CA ?

Yes

Reactions: ElectricIAC
Is this Canada site? en-CA ?
It must be because US site still has it for $250.

Reactions: ElectricIAC