Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CCS Adapter is Now Available in the US Tesla Store

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
EA has been giving away CCS power for weeks now. I just did a roadtrip to try each of the Bay Area and Sacramento Electrify America chargers. Hit 75 of them in 24 hours, and with free charging 93% of the time. In the few months I have had my CCS I am getting close to paying it off with all the free places to charge in California

If you do charge at EA in the near future, make sure the screen says Complimentary Session before plugging in. I was at a ton of chargers overnight where one stall was free but the others were not. I only hit about 5 that had no free charging
Do you know before you show up at the EA station that it's free? Or do you find out when you get there?

Hmmm... I was able to order one when not logged in. It did not show up in the Tesla app while logged in on my iPad so I went to the website using Safari and was able to order it while I was not logged into the site. I had to re-enter all of the address info, credit card, etc. like I was a new customer. I received an order confirmation email and they hit my CC l so it looks like it all went through.
Maybe need to clear cookies.

Saw a listing for this on eBay, surprising someone got a hold of one pretty quick.

It's not the Korean version based on the part number.. But it seems to be made in Taiwan to it should be the same..

Picture 1 of 3

Picture 2 of 3

Picture 3 of 3

Hmmm... I was able to order one when not logged in. It did not show up in the Tesla app while logged in on my iPad so I went to the website using Safari and was able to order it while I was not logged into the site. I had to re-enter all of the address info, credit card, etc. like I was a new customer. I received an order confirmation email and they hit my CC l so it looks like it all went through.
For me not logged in “add to cart” was shaded out and it simply said “login to add to cart”. Tried safari. Chrome and both incognito. Maybe it’s regional.

As the title states...

Is this different then the one that comes with the MYP ?

Newb question, but I ordered a model Y (should be here in a few months), what is this adapter for? Do I need to get it?
It allows you to charge your Tesla at non-Tesla fast (DC) chargers. It could be a good backup if there are no Tesla Superchargers around or if none are available. In some cases the non-Tesla charging fees may be less than Tesla. You will need to set up an account to use those other charging networks. For example, Electrify America.

Reactions: JayoP7
It allows you to charge your Tesla at non-Tesla fast (DC) chargers. It could be a good backup if there are no Tesla Superchargers around or if none are available. In some cases the non-Tesla charging fees may be less than Tesla. You will need to set up an account to use those other charging networks. For example, Electrify America.
So in my apt complex, there’s spots for EV charging, but mainly its just because there’s a plug outlet in between those two spots. So would I use my mobile connector and this adapter to charge?