Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ccs1(dc combo) test finish

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If I understand you correctly, M3 destined for Europe have only the CCS2 port, and do not have the proprietary Tesla port. And all Tesla superchargers in Europe have only the CCS plug, and do not have the Tesla plug. Is that correct?
That is...mostly right. The European Superchargers originally had that Type 2 plug (non-CCS), which Tesla had repurposed for both AC and DC charging. But when they started delivering Model 3's in Europe with the CCS port, they started retrofitting the stalls, adding a second cable that has the CCS plug on it. So a lot of the Superchargers there I think still have those double cables, but the way forward seems to be that they are going to be moving fully to those CCS plugs.

But as far as the other part of your question, yeah, the special American type of plug they use here just isn't anywhere in Europe.

So people sometimes ask about bringing their American Tesla over to Europe, and people tell them it's just not worth it--sell it and buy one over there.

Manufactured by PEGATRON Corporation in Tawian for Tesla for the Korean market. Hopefully the plant in El paso will product these.

dh0l17084zw61.jpg

That’s a strange looking socket to me. I’ve never seen a CCS1 before. In Europe we’re CCS2 and just assumed everyone else was too (Tesla J connector and Chademo etc aside).
They are expansions of the existing AC charging standards:
Type1 (North America) = J1772
Type2 (Europe) = Mennekes

So the CCS1 looks like Type1 with the extra big DC pins below it, and the CCS2 looks like Type2 with the extra big DC pins below it.

• Informative
Reactions: PStewart and brulaz