Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Center console won't stay open

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone else seen this issue?

Lately, our center console door won't stay in the open position. We can open it seemingly all the way, but it never "catches" to stay open - always closes back up as soon as you let go of it.

We'll ask them to address it at our next service appointment, but curious if anyone else has seen this and possibly had any success fixing it themselves.

Has anyone else seen this issue?

Lately, our center console door won't stay in the open position. We can open it seemingly all the way, but it never "catches" to stay open - always closes back up as soon as you let go of it.

We'll ask them to address it at our next service appointment, but curious if anyone else has seen this and possibly had any success fixing it themselves.
I had this issue. The SC found that the latch spring had come off. It was a warrant repair.

I set a credit card on the closed cover and it slid back on the the top of cover under the back panel . It did not fall into the cubbie but it jambed into the locking mechanism and cuased the problem you are describing...

How was this fixed .. I have a similar issue where the console cover will not slide all the way back in ... Wondering if I have to dismantle the center console to remove the card ...

The center console is my least favorite part of the car. I find it nearly useless compared to the center consoles in other vehicles. The cubby in the bottom under that useless sliding door is large, but not easily accessible much of it being under the dash. It is not at all closed and any small things will move their way to the back of the cubby and fall out onto the carpet.

About the only time it gets used for anything practical is when I am on a long trip and put a bottle of orange juice in there so it is handy to drink. Even then every time I have to hit the brake it bumps the door and the door closes on the bottle.

I've never seen a more poorly designed user feature.

Reactions: Jimmy 1