TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

CHAdeMO adapter shipping?!?! (Unconfirmed)

Discussion in 'Model S: Battery & Charging' started by DieAbetic, Dec 3, 2014.

1. DieAbetic

DieAbetic Member

2. TexasEV

TexasEV Active Member

The Inside EVs site is often weeks behind in news relating to Tesla, so I would be surprised if it scooped TMC on this one. I call BS unless someone here confirms it.

3. DieAbetic

DieAbetic Member

I thought the same thing. Only thing making me believe it is the picture of the box...

4. liuping

liuping Active Member

I've been on the wait list since 10/11/2013 and I have not received anything saying they can be ordered yet.

Usually they send a link to wait list people before activating it on the main store page.

5. Adrian

Adrian Title(D)

Apparently it has been shipping with the Japanese cars (those adapters seemingly work on "American" cars without any problem) since around September. Outside of that, they are still not shipping/selling them.

6. dyoreo

dyoreo Member

I sent an email to Tesla about my Chademo adapter on December 1st.
    Tesla replied on Dec 2nd.....

Thank you for contacting Tesla Motors. Unfortunately, we still do not have an estimated ship date for the CHAdeMO adapter at this time. We will be sure to contact you as soon as it is available or once we have an official status update.

7. JST

JST Active Member

That picture may have come from a thread here on the "loaner" CHAdeMO adapters that Tesla sent out to some folks that needed them to attend the Nashville hearing on opening a store in TN. I am pretty sure I saw that picture, or another very much like it, in one of those threads, but I couldn't find it on a quick review.

8. ChrisPDX

ChrisPDX Member

I won't consider it officially available until at least a single US owner can buy it, keep it, and not sign a NDA! :)

9. stopcrazypp

stopcrazypp Well-Known Member

Like you, I was shocked that Inside EVs got the scoop before TMC. So file me also under the "skeptic" column.

According to the comments, Tesla closed out the waitlist (not taking new orders) and promised shipping before the end of 2014.
    Can anyone on the waitlist chime in?

10. bollar

bollar Disgruntled Member

I'm on the wait list and have heard nothing.

11. NigelM

NigelM Recovering Member

mod: Added "Unconfirmed" to the thread title.

12. bonnie

bonnie Oil is for sissies.

I helped facilitate the loaner CHAdeMOs for the Nashville hearing - and also inquired about potentially letting the owners buy them if they wanted. The answer was no, not yet available here. That was in the last week. So I'm highly skeptical of the report that these are being sold now. If the adapters had been for sale, we wouldn't have had such a hard time finding some to loan out - instead, it would have been a matter of resetting priorities and letting a few Tennessee owners move to the front of the line. That was not an option. Each loaned adapter was ultimately earmarked for a destination in Japan.

13. AmpedRealtor

AmpedRealtor Active Member

The delay with this product and the center console is simply bizarre to me.

14. 3s-a-charm

3s-a-charm Active Member

+1 - how could such an innovative and amazing company still have delays in some basic items such as these...?

15. andrewket

andrewket 2014 S P85DL, 2016 X P90DL (soon 100)

The adapter delay I believe is technical; compatibility across a broad range of chargers, reliability, etc. The console? I don't know.. probably just priorities.

16. wk057

wk057 Senior Tinkerer

I would have had use for the Chademo adapter 6 months ago. Today... probably not going to bother... can get pretty much anywhere I'd want to go using the superchargers. At $450 I might buy one to keep just in case, but, I have no real need for it now.

Same with the center console... probably won't order one now that I've gotten used to the lack of one.

Delays are costing Tesla that small amount of revenue from me at least... probably others who feel the same.

17. aronth5

aronth5 Long Time Follower

It is not available and clearly says "coming soon" whatever that means.

chademo adaptor.PNG

18. islandbayy

islandbayy Active Member

While I've been on the wait list longer then most (I think I was #30 or so on the list), don't pass insideev's off getting a scoop so early. They have about 6 writers or so, and a couple of those writers have connections, as well as a few talk with people like me regularly to get scoops as soon as they come out.

Unfortunately, I have not been contacted by tesla about getting a adapter yet.

19. DieAbetic

DieAbetic Member

Email I just got from Tesla:

"Thank you for contacting Tesla Motors. Unfortunately, we have not started fulfilling the CHAdeMO waitlist orders yet. We do have you on the list, so we will contact you as soon as we have an official announcement or once they are available for your position on the list."

20. wycolo

wycolo Active Member

#20 wycolo, Dec 4, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2014
    Console . . Schmonsole!! Eating roast peanuts (while charging) is an inalienable right. :smile:

IMG_0047lg.jpg

> The delay with this product and the center console is simply bizarre to me. [Amped Realtor]
    --