Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CHAdeMO adapter wait frustration

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got an email from Tesla informing me that I can place an order for my adapter now! Question is, do I need/want it now? The email says they have limited numbers and my position on the waitlist is invited to order, but any orders placed by others who havent rec'd the email will be cancelled. (Ths I cant forward the email with the order link to others.)
I just got that email also and ordered my adapter and provided my VIN. Not sure if I still need it, but at worst case I could resell it. I'll probably just keep it in the trunk and try it out a few times when traveling to Phoenix to see if can be of any use there. I also travel to California, but most places I go to don't have any CHAdeMO close by.

I'm sure they manually crosscheck the orders with the waiting list, so probably someone ordering one who is not on the list will just slow down the order process.

With tax and shipping the total came to $495.77, which is below their $500 threshold for requiring a signature. I opted for just Fed-ex ground ($10), since it takes about the same time as 2 day delivery ($25). 2 day delivery would also place it above $500 and I don't want to wait around the house for it to arrive.

Just got an email from Tesla informing me that I can place an order for my adapter now! Question is, do I need/want it now? The email says they have limited numbers and my position on the waitlist is invited to order, but any orders placed by others who havent rec'd the email will be cancelled. (Ths I cant forward the email with the order link to others.)

I got the email a few minutes ago. I went ahead and ordered it even though it not a useful now as it would have been a year ago. On the other hand, it's also a lot less expensive than it was going to be back then. :)

Just curious - but when did you put yourself on the waitlist? I put myself on the waitlist last September but have not yet received the email.

We have been on the wait list since very near its start date and got the e-mail today at 11:30 AM PT. Ordered immediately because the Pacific Northwest has a pretty robust deployment of CHAdeMO L3 opportunities. Washington is also considering more placements along Interstate 90. We are hoping that the state will consider NE Washington along Highway 20 as this would open up a really beautiful tourism corridor.

I ordered early October 2013. I got the availability email at 11:32am today.

I'm not sure where I was on the wait list, they only verified I was when I last checked on availability back in January 2014 (I needed it for a trip).

Last edited:
I was added to the waitlist on November 27, 2013, and I contacted Tesla today to update my address.

I received specific email confirmation that they are NOT at my position yet. So if you're anywhere behind November 27, 2013, you should definitely not expect an email yet.

I was added to the wait list on 10/14/2013 and just received an email from Tesla saying they were starting to contact customers to order, but not at my spot in the list yet, and could not offer any time frame as to when it would be available.

I was added to the wait list on 10/14/2013 and just received an email from Tesla saying they were shipping, but not at my spot in the list yet, and could not offer any time frame as to when it would be available.

You must be pretty close. I requested to be added to the list 10/12/13 and received the email to complete the purchase today. Already received the FedEx tracking number.

You must be pretty close. I requested to be added to the list 10/12/13 and received the email to complete the purchase today. Already received the FedEx tracking number.

ok, you are ahead of me then. Though I was waitlisted on 10/11/13, and ordered within 15 min of receiving the email. I got an order number when i placed it, but didn't write the number down since i fully expected to get a confirmation email. but i haven't. did you get an email confirmation? and where did you get the shipping info?