Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CHAdeMO adapter wait frustration

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sooo, I took my brand spankin new CHAdeMO adapter to downtown Milwaukee last night, to the University's measly 20kW CHAdeMO station. Setup my tripod, had a nice little student crowd watching. Filmed one of my absolute best YouTube videos EVER. The adapter Worked Absolutely Flawless!
All was good. Did Tesla Time with the University Students (I cant believe how overall Stupid the majority of university students are...), I pack up my stuff, and head out.

Pull out onto the main street and some moron, making a illegal left turn slams into me.

It was at that point I woke up.... Yes, you read correctly, I **** WOKE UP!!!! Went through all of that, just for it to be a ******* Dream!

TESLA! HELP ME OUT HERE! I"M AT THE POINT WHERE I AM EVEN DREAMING ABOUT THIS STUPID ADAPTER!!! MOVE UP THIS LIST QUICKER PLEASE!!!!!!!

OMG you had me going!

- - - Updated - - -

**** WOKE UP!!!! Went through all of that, just for it to be a ******* Dream!

More importantly... was Bobby Ewing in your shower?

I added myself to the list in April last year. I emailed them today and they have not reached my position in the waiting list yet. But I didn't get a number.

I will definitely use mine here and there on road trips, but I don't see myself using it much.

I foresee (short term) these adapters selling on eBay near their original $1000 tag or more for people that don't want to wait for the backlog to clear from sellers who now have a lot of SC options nearby...

If I had a trip planned west towards TN where chademo is prevalent I might consider that. But my luck 2 weeks later they'd get to me on the wait list... lol.

I added myself to the list in April last year. I emailed them today and they have not reached my position in the waiting list yet. But I didn't get a number.

I will definitely use mine here and there on road trips, but I don't see myself using it much.

FWIW, I was added to the wait list approx 1 week after some others here that have received the order email -- in Oct 2013. I haven't received the email yet and still debating if I'll get it. It would come in handy for some road trips, but not all. We'll see...

I got wait list confirmation on 11 Oct 2013 and the available for purchase email on 4 Feb 2015 11:32. Don't know my wait list number. The box was waiting for me when I got home today.

For those on the waiting list wanting to guage where they are, I found out that my November 3 2013 reservation puts me at 120 on the list. No invite yet.
I spoke to Tesla in Tilburg (Netherlands) yesterday evening and they told me that the Netherlands only got a few. They come in by name in very small numbers.

I'm number 59 on the list, so it might take a while before I get mine.

It's not really unboxing or something like that. Open the box and it's there. One part, one sheet of paper and that's it. It just works. Be sure not to drop the adapter when connecting as you need to connect the adapter to the charger and then to Model S, and make sure you press start button quickly after connection to Model S as the car times out pretty quickly.