Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
  • We don't know what Tesla UMC/Wall Connectors, nor Superchargers, do to communicate with the car (do we?).

Yes we do. Superchargers use CAN signaling on the pilot pin, and the syntax is pretty similar to CHAdeMO. But there's a whole authentication flow with the SC (the car's VIN is signaled to the supercharger before charging begins) which would not exist with CHAdeMO.

The car knows exactly what it's plugged into, and whether or not to allow charging based on what options the car owner has or has not paid for.
Also, the UMC/HPWC is just ordinary J1772 signaling. The only difference it Tesla's use of a proprietary physical connector format. There is no electronics in the J1772 adapter; it's just a dumb physical adapter.

The proof of the pudding is in the eating! De uitkomst zal het leren.
IMAG1081.jpg

mhh, is maar 32kW....... Mogelijk ivm reeds redelijk opgeladen accu?

Oh yes.. I was already at 257 km (hence the +21km) and had been driving for a bit (warm battery?) and I did not stay for too long as I did not need the charge and there were Taxi drivers waiting for me to finish.

One of these days I hope I can draw the promised 135 kW

I just wanted to check if actually worked :biggrin:

CHAdeMO adapters delivering

Oh yes.. I was already at 257 km (hence the +21km) and had been driving for a bit (warm battery?) and I did not stay for too long as I did not need the charge and there were Taxi drivers waiting for me to finish.

En toch zou je als de CHAdeMO lader en 50Kw versie is, 42kW moeten kunnen halen met de Tesla, en ook op 278km. Ik heb in Zevenaar bij 349 km (90%) geladen aan 34kW

683d6ddba679fc5e77a0209c054745e4.jpg

Is this Dutch guy the only person in the world who has received a CHAdeMO adapter?

CHAdeMO adapters delivering - Page 2

Funny thing is that CHAdeMO adapter is not even listed in EU shop:

Shop Tesla Gear Model S

Oh my.. There must be something wrong! Did they mistake me for someone else? And I am not even Dutch :)

Edit: Just called Tesla and was informed that I am one of the few who has received it so far, but they are rolling it out for sure.

Last edited: