Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Changes you expect to see on the RC?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If it was put together properly, to report a bug you'd go through a series of 'help menus' first that would suggest possible solutions for those who just have questions or can't figure out problems. But there would, after a few screens, be a way to report what one believes to be novel problems. At Tesla's end there would simply need to be one person whom part of their job would be to screen and tally those issues. On a computer and it would then pop up totals so that issue being seen more often would be noticed. Even if it is something as simple as "how do you do it" rather than an actual broken item at least they could send out an email or a message through the car saying "here's how to do "X"".

Yes, that might work. More like a guided help center than a raw bug tracker though. I like the idea of just providing to those who opt in.

As an aside, talking of bugs reminded me to log into the support email for one of our apps. Gotta love it:
  • Not work Please fix my app...
  • Y it want load
  • plz send me this download

Car to driver (in electronic voice): Read the manual you moron.

I'm hoping to see a digital manual in the touch screen. Quick search for help topics -- maybe even tutorials.

True, but how much sooner do they get theirs before the SS? If it's a month or more, then yeah, there's some time to quickly get some bugs squashed, but personally, I'd think you'd need close to a month with the car to really provide some solid feedback. ....

Still has value though. I worked at a company back in the days when software was sold on discs, and had a big release where the GM version was cut about three weeks before it hit the shelves. Employees were encouraged to burn it and install it at home to increase the user base. Sure, it was "too late", but it helped prepare customer support for the issues they would be hearing about.

The problem with that, I think, is that there are going to be a LOT of people with these cars. Have you ever seen a "bug report" from your average joe? "It doesn't work". "I can't login". "What's wrong with it?". Ugh.

True but most major software companies welcome bug reports and they have millions of users. It will take a long time for Tesla to build up a user base that's even in the five figure range. I'd imagine a free-wheeling bug report system would be a good idea, aside from just being able to collect logs from owners calling in about a problem.

Couldn't Tesla give the Founder people RC cars to play around with for a month or two then give them their real car right before launch? Those RC cars could go to the various stores as demo cars.

Just a thought, but that floating pad just might be tiltable, toward or away, up or down, by means of a dial side gear or a motor set like the mirror remote motors (so it doesn't move when you are working the screen), to help get glare out of your eyes, or adjust it from tall to short drivers. At work we have gone to digital time clocks (I know, I know) and I have to stand spread legged like a giraffe at the pool just to see the thing. Of course they are fine for all the 5' office secretaries.

Car to driver (in electronic voice): Read the manual you moron.

I think it should just do this:

rtfm.jpg

Expect:
  • Cleaner execution of the below-screen storage space(s)
  • Updated steering wheel
  • More polished interior (including the upgrades)
  • Autodimming mirrors (is homelink on the rear view?)

I agree with all of these. Auto-dimming (Electro Chromatic) mirrors are great, especially when a truck/SUV/idiot-with-their-brights-on is behind you at night.

Hope:
  • Floating screen from Model X
  • Blind spot detection system

I like the integrated look better. I think the Model X screen looks more like an after-market mount compared to the in-dash display on Model S. I'm also not a fan of blind spot detection because I feel it gives people a false sense of security. Instead, just use something like the Car Talk Method for proper mirror adjustment, doing so (practically) eliminates the need for a blind spot system.

I wish they'd go back to the TRULY integrated look of the prototype. You gave up a tiny amount of screen space on the bottom right but it looked a lot cleaner.

I also want the Model X wheel. Don't care about the digital buttons so much but want the wheel itself. As I understand it the betas are using a rebadged Mercedes wheel so surely it will change before production.

I wish they'd go back to the TRULY integrated look of the prototype. You gave up a tiny amount of screen space on the bottom right but it looked a lot cleaner.

I also want the Model X wheel. Don't care about the digital buttons so much but want the wheel itself. As I understand it the betas are using a rebadged Mercedes wheel so surely it will change before production.

Aside from the buttons, the wheel is pretty similar (going by the pics in the model x vs s dash thread)