Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charge Stats - Tesla app new feature

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@Durzel - I found that playing around with the slider I could get the off peak period to work either side of midnight using a single setting.
This is what I've used for Intelligent Octopus, adjusted from the default of 23.30-05.30 to incorporate the hours IO has given so far.

IMG_0881.jpg

IMG_0880.jpg

R

• Helpful
Reactions: Durzel and Adopado
Anybody checked their phone battery use recently? Tesla app is using lots of juice in the background on mine.
I noticed that myself but having said that I still don't have the Charge Stats menu in the app. (Actually saw an update for the car ready to install this morning, but it's still a 2021.44.(something) and I'm thinking it needs to be 2022.something for this to appear.)

Just wish someone can tell me what I need to do to get it to appear.
Is it like the software updates, where some get the updates and others don't ?
What is your Tesla app version? Ensure you are running the latest update (4.5.1 on IOS). Ensure your phone OS is up to date. There shouldn't be any action required for the feature to appear but I would reboot the phone and the car to see if that affects things. If your car is leased then it may not appear.

Word of warning for fellow Powerwall owners.
i had a message in my app to update my energy plan in the Powerwall side of the app. So I did it and it mirrors the one in the car side. Suddenly found all my 4.5KWh solar gen being exported and at the same time, to prevent export my Eddi diverter was heating, trying to use the surplus but drawing from the Powerwall. Net result, solar not charging the Powerwall!
I can only assume that because the default setting is selling power for the same price, it was trying to earn me money.
To prevent this nonsense set sell prices to zero. Unless you want to export of course!

Word of warning for fellow Powerwall owners.
i had a message in my app to update my energy plan in the Powerwall side of the app. So I did it and it mirrors the one in the car side. Suddenly found all my 4.5KWh solar gen being exported and at the same time, to prevent export my Eddi diverter was heating, trying to use the surplus but drawing from the Powerwall. Net result, solar not charging the Powerwall!
I can only assume that because the default setting is selling power for the same price, it was trying to earn me money.
To prevent this nonsense set sell prices to zero. Unless you want to export of course!

Same happened to me, I guess this is of use to anyone who has an export tariff so the PW can decide if it should charge or sell any excess solar.