Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charge Stats - Tesla app new feature

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just had to deal with exactly this problem. You need to reset your home location but don't use your address. First delete your home location ... next zoom in on the map to exactly where your car is normally parked when at home ... hold finger on that spot to set a pin ... click the star to choose this as a favourite and give it a name. Go back and set your home location and choose your newly created favourite. That should be it. Any future charging should now use your home location correctly. (I'm not in the car so that's as much detail as I can manage just now!)
Awesome thanks will give that a try!

Reactions: Adopado
I am interested in how Tesla calculates the estimated gas cost over the 31 day period. It says on their website they use an equivalent gas car at 28 mpg and local gas prices, which are around $3/gallon in my area.

The only variable I don't know is how many miles driven over that 31 day period. You could presumably back into it with some rough math but driving 80 mph on the highway vs 45 mph around town makes the total miles driven hard to estimate yourself based on just kWh. I assume Tesla just uses actual miles driven over the past 31 days. I obviously didn't write that down and can't retrieve the data like Tesla can lol.

Doesn't make sense really, unless the leasing company includes all your energy costs in the monthly payment?!

If you control your car through the app, pay for the energy you put into the car yourself and and have access to all the standard other features - shouldn't make any difference. All the car is doing is reporting back to the app on how many kw/h's have gone in over 30 days.
Yes, but the third party owns the car, so they are the 'owners' and unless the third party changes the ownership lease car holders won't get this feature.

So - I lease directly through Tesla - I know I'm not the owner, Tesla financial services is - and I've got the charging stats feature.
I meant third party - not leased directly through Tesla. I have not leased from Tesla so I don’t know whether you get the all the upgrades as someone who owns a Tesla. I don’t get any upgrades as my lease company owns the car from Tesla.

M3 on 2021.44.30.7, app just updated to 4.5.1-864. No charge data. Leased car.

Seems like lease is a common denominator, is it limited to primary driver only being able to view (which would be the lease company), in the same way as we can’t order upgrades ourselves? Maybe someone with a secondary driver registered through a second account could confirm whether both users can see it?
Not working for me, not a leased car and I'm owner and primary owner :(

Okay this is VERY frustrating, because I'm trying to set my charge rates for the Peak, Mid Peak and Off Peak times, and when I tap the fields they Autocomplete to $CA0.00. I go "Okay, I'll just clear the field and fill it with my rate...."

The for autofills every time you try and backspace on it. Even copying and the whole value doesn't work. The field just CONSTANTLY autocompletes to 0.00 with NO way of changing it.
Anybody find a way to work around this or have a word on when this will be patched. This seems like a MASSIVE oversight from QA. You literally CANNOT type in your charge rate because they felt the need to autocorrect as you type. I can't even set a fixed rate due to the same issue, so right now these stats are USELESS to me because it shows zero across the board.