Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charge Stats - Tesla app new feature

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Okay this is VERY frustrating, because I'm trying to set my charge rates for the Peak, Mid Peak and Off Peak times, and when I tap the fields they Autocomplete to $CA0.00. I go "Okay, I'll just clear the field and fill it with my rate...."

The for autofills every time you try and backspace on it. Even copying and the whole value doesn't work. The field just CONSTANTLY autocompletes to 0.00 with NO way of changing it.
Anybody find a way to work around this or have a word on when this will be patched. This seems like a MASSIVE oversight from QA. You literally CANNOT type in your charge rate because they felt the need to autocorrect as you type. I can't even set a fixed rate due to the same issue, so right now these stats are USELESS to me because it shows zero across the board.
it'll work if you just type it in, don't try to clear what's there already or paste it in. e.g. if your rate is $0.12 just type in "0.12" or ".12" or "12"

it'll work if you just type it in, don't try to clear what's there already or paste it in. e.g. if your rate is $0.12 just type in "0.12" or ".12" or "12"
No amount of typing works. You NEED to focus on the field in order to type, and doing so puts the cursor at the very end. Typing anything with the field just saying $CA0.00 doesn't add or change any digits. I'm willing to bet Tesla's autocomplete is borked for anybody that uses currency that isn't US due to the prefix on the field.

Just to answer my own question:
For the app to know that you have charged at your home location your home location has to be accurately registered by the car. We are out in the sticks and our actual address location and postcode for "Home" turns out to be a distance from where the car actually sits! You have to go through a few hoops to get the car to register a home location (normal car parked home location) that isn't a straightforward address. Anyway, I'm hoping that future charges will now not just show as "other" but will use my home charging prices.
Adopado.

I have the same issue. The SatNav says I've arrived home when I have another 200mm to go to get there.

I played around with this the other day and have managed to get a home pin on the map at the correct location. The SatNav still says I'm at home with the 200mm to go but my stats are now working correctly.

I seem to recall the solution was to be parked at home and set it as a Favourite called Home.

Good luck with it.

E32EF25F-F815-4193-AEA6-59218EA2BA79.jpeg
I have noticed that my charge limit has recently increased (M3P)

I'm confused.. you've set your "Peak" time to the period when Octopus Go is active? And "Off Peak" when it isn't? Isn't that the reverse of the meaning of peak and off peak?
Strange that it coped with my swapped peak and off peak in 2 periods but wants to split the corrected periods into 3 when the peak goes past midnight. I just changed mine and it went to the 3 periods without me selecting the extra period manually! Oddly my numbers had shown the correct pricing before I changed them to what is the correct way round but I'm convinced my peak and off peak choices were initially correct so there might even have been some change in the background in how it works ... well that's my story! (I suppose I could have just changed the charging rate of Peak to my Off Peak and vice versa as it's just a label.)

Reactions: Durzel
Anyone got their heads round the fuel saving figures
i’ve used 103kWh for £6 showing a net saving of £51 on petrol
i assume they use 4miles per kWh and something like 50mpg at £1.40/litre
that sort of works out apart from being mostly short journeys at nowhere near 4miles/kWh
the individual charge costs must be from Poundland. Every home charge irrespective of size is a quid :rolleyes:

Anyone got their heads round the fuel saving figures
i’ve used 103kWh for £6 showing a net saving of £51 on petrol
i assume they use 4miles per kWh and something like 50mpg at £1.40/litre
that sort of works out apart from being mostly short journeys at nowhere near 4miles/kWh
the individual charge costs must be from Poundland. Every home charge irrespective of size is a quid :rolleyes:
Yes, the coarse rounding up and down means I can put 10kWh into the battery at cheap rate or peak rate and it's still a pound! I don't know if the system does record the charges in more detail and becomes nearer to reality after a number of charges ...

Reactions: Dilly
Did you name your favourite "home" and then see a difference in behaviour?
I set the official Home setting to my post code. This is 200mm or so from where I live.

Sitting in the car at home I then added a favourite called Home.

So if I tell the SatNav to take me home it 'stops' well short of the property but there is a pointer on the map where the property is.

When i'm charging at home I now have a few blue lines in the stats showing that as opposed to all the grey lines I have fo the first part of the 31 days.

Let me know if it works for you.

Thanks.

I set the official Home setting to my post code. This is 200mm or so from where I live.

Sitting in the car at home I then added a favourite called Home.

So if I tell the SatNav to take me home it 'stops' well short of the property but there is a pointer on the map where the property is.

When i'm charging at home I now have a few blue lines in the stats showing that as opposed to all the grey lines I have fo the first part of the 31 days.

Let me know if it works for you.

Thanks.
I don't have a problem. Mine works and shows my car in the correct place. I don't set my "Home" to my postcode ... I set it to the new favourite I created.