Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charge-Up NJ rebate program Phase 2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Exact same experience here. Too busy to answer phones but no customers, and really hands off. Not like “no pressure “, more like no interest in helping me. I guess there is no commission maybe so no incentive? Just trying to figure it out.

If we do have to reorder, pay $1600 more, and wait a few more months to get the car I may just take delivery as soon as my car is available. I lose $3,400, but I am tired of waiting.
This is what Im thinking too - debating if the rebate will still be worth it if I have to pay the $100 again, the price increase, AND my trade in value will decrease if I keep driving it over the next 3-4mos - esp bcs I do most my driving in the summer months. Right now Tesla is offering me 15,500 on my trade in which is better than carmax, but if I have to wait another 3 mos the value will go down and eat away at the rebate.... ugh so frustrating!

This is what Im thinking too - debating if the rebate will still be worth it if I have to pay the $100 again, the price increase, AND my trade in value will decrease if I keep driving it over the next 3-4mos - esp bcs I do most my driving in the summer months. Right now Tesla is offering me 15,500 on my trade in which is better than carmax, but if I have to wait another 3 mos the value will go down and eat away at the rebate.... ugh so frustrating!
Used values are going up everyday. No way to say what will happen, but I traded my Ram truck last month after the value going up 5k in 6 weeks.

Second, all the comments about re-order and wait a few months. If you have a car available with your original order to be picked up, there is no reason an SA can't move your car to your second order. You would still pay the price increase, but you would get your rebate and not wait a few more months.

Last edited:
Used values are going up everyday. No way to say what will happen, but I traded my Ram truck last month after the value going up 5k in 6 weeks.

Second, all the comments about re-order and wait a few months. If you have a car available with your original order to be picked up, there is no reason an SA can't move your car to your second order. You would still pay the price increase, but you would get your rebate and not wait a few more months.
I strongly believe the car needs to be in at the earliest june 29th. Tesla needs those sales for the quarter. I am strongly confident the SAs hands are tied and they can’t hold a car if that means the sale move to Q3. Demand is so high it’s guaranteed someone wants the same config in Q2. It will not be “holdable”. When supply was higher than demand you could but that’s not the case right now.

I was waiting for this rebate to play out. I ended up getting a new job with a car allowance and a gas card. Picked up a 330i xdrive through a lease broker on a great deal. I am excited to see the EV options in 36 months though.
What is a lease broker? Did you go to the local dealer and talk to someone there? Or is it more like a broker who has relationships with multiple dealerships and different car brands? If the latter, can you send me the contact info? It would be great to get a certified pre-owned car while this NJ EV rebate plays out.

Re: "Hopefully tesla has the control at POS to give it to us and sort it out on the backend."

That would be good, but I am bracing myself for the possibility that in July I will need to pay 1600 more to place a new order for the same car and wait until September to get it. I am ok with that as I am not in a hurry and the car keeps getting better anyway, but I would like to be driving it sooner if possible.
Not sure if the car is still getting better. I don’t remember the last time I had an update pushed down to my 2017 Tesla. Seems like instead the focus is on making money with crypto. 😀

Don't count on them lowering the price to make the threshold as this will only be for at most at couple thousand cars before the program runs out of money. You will have to remove options to make the threshold, so will have to forget about white seats, bigger wheels, tow hitch, etc.

I strongly believe the car needs to be in at the earliest june 29th. Tesla needs those sales for the quarter. I am strongly confident the SAs hands are tied and they can’t hold a car if that means the sale move to Q3. Demand is so high it’s guaranteed someone wants the same config in Q2. It will not be “holdable”. When supply was higher than demand you could but that’s not the case right now.
Damn, not looking good for me then. My current delivery date is 6/8-6/28. Looks like I might be waiting til september

Not sure if the car is still getting better. I don’t remember the last time I had an update pushed down to my 2017 Tesla. Seems like instead the focus is on making money with crypto. 😀
I mean they keep adding stuff other than software like the heated steering wheel, center console update, double glass. Next maybe headlights, sunshade, BSM , better battery, etc. the longer you wait the better the car.