Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charge-Up NJ rebate program Phase 2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mine have been relatively steady. Steady as in there is a window in the middle that is shared across all date ranges I were given (which I assume to be the actual realistic window) and I always have had dates. My gut feeling is that production was going better than anticipated and they published early dates too quickly then "normal problems" came about that pushed the dates back to what they were supposed to be in the first place.

Here my list:

• Delivery date: June 01 - June 18
  • Previous delivery dates: May 31 - June 18, June 14 - June 30, May 29 - June 11, May 28 - June 11, May 27 - June 11, May 26 - June 11, May 25 - June 11, May 28 - June 17, May 29 - June 18, May 30 - June 19

Electrek just reported Tesla is experiencing some form of Containment Hold at Fremont for 10k cars. Definitely indicates a pushback of dates is likely. My page has been blank in terms of delivery date since Saturday.
Here is the link to the Electrek article.
For those of us hoping to delay delivery until after 7/1, we may have just gotten our wish. Of course, we still have the issue of whether the rebate applies to cars ordered before 7/1

Looking at reddit and starting to doubt the claim based on the ground that if a part was missing for as many as 20000 cars, it's unlikely that detail wouldn't have leaked as well. If I wanted to buy a TSLA dip, that's a decent rumor to buy.

That being said, if it's true and they shipped the missing piece with Fedex, no way this is delivered before July 😂

I signed up for Charge Up NJ alerts and just got this email... wheels in motion!
AAE3AA7A-C4FE-431B-8F66-E776E2EF91DA.jpeg

Received same. Seems a little surprising that they are having a 'straw proposal' discussion so late in the budget cycle, since the new fiscal year begins on July 1. Especially since they already have laid out the program for FY2022 on their web site....

You can register to attend the virtual meeting.

Not sure if the links will carry over correctly:

NJBPU announced it will hold a virtual stakeholder meeting on Thursday, May 27 at 10:00 a.m. to discuss the draft Straw Proposal for FY22 of the Charge Up New Jersey Electric Vehicle Incentive Program. The stakeholder meeting will provide information on the proposal and take comment on the draft Straw Proposal for the Charge Up New Jersey Program.

Stakeholders are required to register for the meeting and can do so by clicking here. Stakeholders can also submit written comments on this matter through 5:00 p.m. on Wednesday, June 2, regardless of whether they attend the stakeholder meeting, by following the instructions in the Public Notice.​

Please direct all questions about this stakeholder meeting to [email protected].

Thank you for your interest in New Jersey’s clean energy future.

Mach E, ID4 and everything else outside the 3 SR+ are basically over 45k. Would be a shitty thing to do when trying to get adoption.
I agree. We can look at it from 2 perspectives: a) how to frame the discussion so that "we" still get our 5K b) from a "state" perspective does that version of the program will encourage non-EV buyers to get SR+? If b is true, that's probably the right thing to do. But if they get leftover funds at the end of the year (if the rebate had no influence on the sales figures they would), then it's that the M3LR and MYLR are the "gap" vehicle. Sells too much to make the program viable but any other won't reach the objective.

If they run it like this this year and they end up expending the whole budget resulting in SR+ sales increases, the program works IMO. If it doesn't change the SR+ sales figures in the state, phase 1 was the right implementation.

I agree. We can look at it from 2 perspectives: a) how to frame the discussion so that "we" still get our 5K b) from a "state" perspective does that version of the program will encourage non-EV buyers to get SR+? If b is true, that's probably the right thing to do. But if they get leftover funds at the end of the year (if the rebate had no influence on the sales figures they would), then it's that the M3LR and MYLR are the "gap" vehicle. Sells too much to make the program viable but any other won't reach the objective.

If they run it like this this year and they end up expending the whole budget resulting in SR+ sales increases, the program works IMO. If it doesn't change the SR+ sales figures in the state, phase 1 was the right implementation.
But in the bulletin it states they want to get more EVs on the road and more variety, not just tesla. So doing this would counter act that. They need to not do that at all, would push me to the Acura I am looking at.

But in the bulletin it states they want to get more EVs on the road and more variety, not just tesla. So doing this would counter act that. They need to not do that at all, would push me to the Acura I am looking at.
It's not possible. The document mentions that 97% of the funding was 5000K amount which are the MY LR, M3 LR/SR+, Mache and the other 2 I always forget about. More than half the 5K qualified vehicles are more then 45K and more then half are Tesla. It's 90% in sales volume. Which the rebate did not affect much IMO. I do not believe you can convince people to buy more of the non-Tesla EVs with only 5K except maybe the mache, but at that price point, it doesn't work (short of saying "Telsa get 2, ford 5"). The only sensible option below 45K is the SR+.