Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charge-Up NJ rebate program Phase 2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for the replies! I was able to pass on the car I was assigned and put the order on hold. I'm in the same boat as several other people so will wait to see what happens with the 5k POS credit. In particular I'd like confirmation that orders before 7/1 with delivery after 7/1 would be eligible as well as what the final discount will be. Probably will take delivery in June if Tesla refuses to let me keep my current order/price until July or makes me re-order.

Thanks for the replies! I was able to pass on the car I was assigned and put the order on hold. I'm in the same boat as several other people so will wait to see what happens with the 5k POS credit. In particular I'd like confirmation that orders before 7/1 with delivery after 7/1 would be eligible as well as what the final discount will be. Probably will take delivery in June if Tesla refuses to let me keep my current order/price until July or makes me re-order.
Is it as simple as saying you don't need the car now? or why, when is the expected date to take delivery etc etc

Since we are all from Jersey here! Any one ordered a model Y performance to endure our pesky roads? Lastly, regarding the rebates, do we have to keep under 55k again this year?
I went with a model 3 and am sticking to the 18" wheel for a bit taller sidewall. If I did a model Y, I would want the 20" wheels for the aesthetics, but imagine that could get pretty scary with some of the potholes we have. Going low profile on these heavy cars, our bad roads, and no spare tire starts to concern me.

Ok perfect. Time to modify my order to bring to price below 55k then
just remember modifying your order could raise your base price depending on when you ordered. I ordered on 4/1, so there has been two $500 increases on the model 3 since then. So any change I would want to make basically costs an extra $1k now.

I don’t think that’s the case for the Y (this is the MY section)
I am pretty sure they got hit with one or two increases as well since April, keeping the same price gap to the 3. But either way, it's a warning to anyone new on here, that modifying your order can change your pricing, so always proceed with caution if you aren't someone monitoring price changes closely.

just remember modifying your order could raise your base price depending on when you ordered. I ordered on 4/1, so there has been two $500 increases on the model 3 since then. So any change I would want to make basically costs an extra $1k now.
Thanks. I just placed my order last week. I’m still tossing and turning on color and wheels. Toughest decision so far

Thanks. I just placed my order last week. I’m still tossing and turning on color and wheels. Toughest decision so far
Nice, so you can make some changes then without penalty, but do it ASAP in case there are any more increases.
When we were considering the Y, I liked it in grey with the upgraded wheels. You could keep the stock wheels and paint them or sell them and upgrade the wheels aftermarket for much less net. Or keep stock for winter setup if needed. I ordered a white model 3 as it really pops. I thought white was a bit much on the larger Y at first, but it’s all personal preference. You can’t really go wrong either way. White and saving $1k is certainly nice. Paying extra for paint is hard for me if I am not strongly passionate for a specific color. Most of my cars have been white, and I feel like maybe it’s safer in some setttings when being seen quicker might help.

Reactions: rjpjnk and JavD4
Since we are all from Jersey here! Any one ordered a model Y performance to endure our pesky roads? Lastly, regarding the rebates, do we have to keep under 55k again this year?
I ordered the MY LR. There are 3 things I don't like about the MYP when it comes to rough NJ roads: 1) The suspension is lowered, 2) the wheels are bigger (less sidewall), and 3) there are supposedly no good tires in that size for use in snow.

Reactions: JavD4
If someone could help. Should I order now for an AFTER July 1 delivery or wait? And what happens if it arrives early? Thanks everything is picket out MYLR blue with white interior and induction wheels. Put it at just under $55,000

If someone could help. Should I order now for an AFTER July 1 delivery or wait? And what happens if it arrives early? Thanks everything is picket out MYLR blue with white interior and induction wheels. Put it at just under $55,000
Anything not after July 1st is playing with fire. If you must get the rebate, wait until July 1st. Given the rumors that Q2 is sold out currently, probably not a good idea to order before July 1st.