Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charge-Up NJ rebate program Phase 2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I haven’t heard of a single person on here getting their cake and eating it too with re-orders at legacy prices.

Is $400 worth pushing your delivery another month or two and all that aggravation?
I've been contemplating canceling my MY order and resubmitting but there's a $1K price difference between when I ordered and the current price so I'd be saving $900 if I reordered. Not sure if it's worth it to reorder for a $900 savings ... also, I've noticed my estimated delivery date has slowly crept forward from a Sep delivery to a 7/28-8/17 delivery. I presume that may be due to folks canceling previous orders.

I've been contemplating canceling my MY order and resubmitting but there's a $1K price difference between when I ordered and the current price so I'd be saving $900 if I reordered. Not sure if it's worth it to reorder for a $900 savings ... also, I've noticed my estimated delivery date has slowly crept forward from a Sep delivery to a 7/28-8/17 delivery. I presume that may be due to folks canceling previous orders.
I wouldn't cancel that delivery date is right around the corner. Mine is finally showing a date other than just saying September. It now shows Sept 11-30. I wish I were in your boat.

Not sure what to make of that date. Mine said September last week, then a few days ago it changed to July 17-25.

Now the site is asking me to upload proof of insurance and to link a bank account to pay the 52K or so.

I plan to finance using my credit union. Am I supposed to call them and start this process? I was never assigned a SA that I'm aware of.

Not sure what to make of that date. Mine said September last week, then a few days ago it changed to July 17-25.

Now the site is asking me to upload proof of insurance and to link a bank account to pay the 52K or so.

I plan to finance using my credit union. Am I supposed to call them and start this process? I was never assigned a SA that I'm aware of.
When did you order? Make sure you select financing when you're on the site.

Someone from Delivery Department (not SA) will call you to go over delivery info and final payment amount. They did call me same day I got VIN assigned.

1625966955696.png

Reactions: ParkinNJ
When did you order? Make sure you select financing when you're on the site.
I ordered 4/1. Someone called me back in April to ask me to complete the payment section and I told them I would be financing with my credit union. She told me she would mark it as cash in order to move the order along and that I can change it before delivery. So that is what I need to do now. Just not sure who to contact.

Does anybody have a link to the form that would allow $250 back for the wall charger? I tried to find it on the NJ site but all I could find was this page: EV Charger Incentive | Charge Up New Jersey.

Also, are there any federal incentives for installing the wall charger and/or the electrician for putting in the socket?
That's all I've seen as well; signing up for a mailing list. If the EV charger rebate incentive roll-out is anything like the auto rebate, I'm sure we'll see something in "summer 2021". :confused:

Newbie here-- Just a quick THANK YOU to everyone on this issue. You really helped me work through these variables. I just cancelled my order (Sept arrival).

And will be re-ordering.... I didn't get a tow hitch and was made I didn't. I will now.

Enjoy The Day!!!

Newbie here-- Just a quick THANK YOU to everyone on this issue. You really helped me work through these variables. I just cancelled my order (Sept arrival).

And will be re-ordering.... I didn't get a tow hitch and was made I didn't. I will now.

Enjoy The Day!!!
If it’s any consolation I cancelled and re ordered last week and right now my estimate is aug 3-23rd after it told me sept-oct in my first order.

I spoke with a Tesla advisor by phone today in order to setup financing since my EDD is next week. He was familiar with the NJ program and clearly stated my car would not qualify due to it being ordered before start date. So I guess that’s the end of the story for me. I had held out hope until now. He said it is no problem at all to cancel and reorder, but the price has gone up 3K since I locked in so that’s of no use to me. Funny how raising the price makes the old price look like a bargain 🧐

Reactions: ParkinNJ