Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charging Cable Organizer with Side Plug

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone know of a wall-mounted cable organizer where the charger rests in a receptacle on the side, instead of sticking out of the front? I have to park the car somewhat close to the wall the cable organizer is mounted on, and I worry sooner or later I'll bump against the plug sticking out of the front of it.

Reactions: enzo
Its hard to picture your exact setup, but I think that this is a case for some custom, creative solution.

I pass my UMC cable over a beam in the ceiling, for example, with some bubble wrap around the beam to cushion it. It hangs down exactly 1 ft from the charge port, no slack, and does not touch the ground.

If your car is that close to the wall, then you do not need a cable organizer because you only need 1-2 feet of slack in the cable. The other 18 feet, you can secure (removable or not) to the wall, ceiling, etc. If you post pictures of your setup, I/we can provide more specific ideas.

Does anyone know of a wall-mounted cable organizer where the charger rests in a receptacle on the side, instead of sticking out of the front? I have to park the car somewhat close to the wall the cable organizer is mounted on, and I worry sooner or later I'll bump against the plug sticking out of the front of it.
I don't mean this to sound bad, but...why? I have one of those with the docking spot for the handle in the front, and it didn't hold in well, so I never used it. Throw a few loops over the hook and let it hang there. The handle will be hanging flat against the wall and not sticking out at all.

Not a bad question at all, and I am doing the same with my current organizer. However, I also use my garage as a workshop, and while I try to manage sawdust as much as possible, I am concerned with some getting in to the charging port of the handle. I could probably fashion a cap for it (or I'm sure someone makes one), but it's nice to just be able to stick it in the receptacle and not worry about it. Secondly, I just like the way it looks, a little more finished. But you're correct, it's not essential.

while I try to manage sawdust as much as possible, I am concerned with some getting in to the charging port of the handle.

Dust, including sawdust, settles on surfaces that are facing upwards. I have dust that collects on my desk, for example, but not on the bottom side.

Therefore, if you hang the handle with the opening facing down, it will not collect sawdust except if you actively blast it with sawdust.

Dust, including sawdust, settles on surfaces that are facing upwards. I have dust that collects on my desk, for example, but not on the bottom side.

Therefore, if you hang the handle with the opening facing down, it will not collect sawdust except if you actively blast it with sawdust.
Agreed, but I find dust everywhere, on all surfaces, after a long day of work. I guess we could argue about this for a while, but I'd feel a lot better personally if I secured the handle in some sort of receptacle. And I'd rather just do that than argue about whether I should have to or not. Does that make sense?

My setup has this receptacle, which faces slightly sideways.

Attachments

• AE405EB8-4648-41ED-86AC-D034BA0437CC.jpeg
    AE405EB8-4648-41ED-86AC-D034BA0437CC.jpeg
    253.9 KB · Views: 274
I guess we could argue about this for a while, but I'd feel a lot better personally if I secured the handle in some sort of receptacle. And I'd rather just do that than argue about whether I should have to or not. Does that make sense?

If you want one for aesthetics, that is fine. I don't think you will find one in the quality that you are expecting. Making your own or mounting a standard holder sideways is a good idea.