Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charging issues 36.5.5

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi team,
Since the new update this week my car has not been charging properly. I’ve done 13k in the last 11 months so have a fairly consistent routine - plug in at night, scheduled charging from 00:30, usually 3.5hrs of charging time needed to get from 45% back to 80%.
Since the update on Thursday I only got 20% charge per night.

Anyone else having the same issue? Any ideas what might have changed?
thanks
chris

I believe some people have reported the charge rate defaulting back to 16A, so you may want to double check that and adjust accordingly. Once you set it back to 32A the setting should "stick".
That could well be it. Last night similar happened here when my app set back to 16A but fortunately I spotted it. It would only let me adjust after the charge started however.

Thanks chaps. That might explain it… partly.
Just sitting in the car now and it doesn’t even allow the slider to go to 32A. Max it is allowing is 16, and it was set to 10A when I got in.
Huh?!
Why can’t I have 32?!
Did you try starting a charge and seeing if it will change? Mine was "locked" last night before the charge started for some reason. Oddly I've just checked my app and the rate had dropped back to 30 amps but it does allow me to adjust the rate before charging. Seems a bit flaky

Reactions: Chrisgillett
I think the charging logic defaults to 16A as that’s the maximum charge rate for each of the three onboard chargers (it assumes triphasic availability).
Only when you plug it in does it realise that you’re on monophasic power and then 32A becomes available by combining 2 of the onboard chargers (I don’t know why they didn’t go with the three and allow 48A on monophasic, but here we are).

Reactions: Chrisgillett
Every day’s a school day. Just plugged it in and started charging and it Does allow me to up the amps. But defaults to 10A if I stop and also via the app.
This must be new, but explains why my year of consistency has gone.
Better come back pdq - I’m not going out at midnight every night to manually start the damn thing. 🤬

Attachments

• 693556F4-1C93-4727-97B6-07E73AAE1368.jpeg
    693556F4-1C93-4727-97B6-07E73AAE1368.jpeg
    20.8 KB · Views: 86
I updated to 36.5.5 on 26/10. Did a charge at 00:30 on 27/10. My stats show 32amps going in from the off.
right now, not plugged in and app says 16amps.
I only need a small top up tonight via a boost on my Zappi.
I’ll see whether it goes flat out or not.

I updated to 36.5.5 on 26/10. Did a charge at 00:30 on 27/10. My stats show 32amps going in from the off.
right now, not plugged in and app says 16amps.
I only need a small top up tonight via a boost on my Zappi.
I’ll see whether it goes flat out or not.
The car has always shown 16amps ( unchangeable) when not plugged in. Normally no one notices. it is only when they have an issue people start looking and it confuses them. Every time there is a new charging issue and a thread is started this comes up. Now they have added it to the app just to confuse people even more. Not saying there is not an issue here just that whatever may or may not be it this aspect is probably not relevant.

Reactions: Adopado