Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charging on the Downs

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All, I wanted to update you all on this site. The Girraween Eco Lodge did install 2 tesla destination chargers.

They are attached to the laundry building and free for those staying at the lodge.

Getting out there from Brisbane was easy in one charge in my P100DX with about 100km left in the 'tank' when I arrived. That of course was going up Cunninghams Gap via Warwick and did include some Ludicrous moments, along with some slipstreaming of a Bdouble while on autosteer. It should be doable even for the smaller battery cars, potentially a quick topup at the Gatton Chademo and come out via Toowoomba instead. or if you have 3ph there are spots along the way according to plugshare which I had open - just in case I need a top up. Coming back is more simple because its downhill so to speak.

It was a lovely 4 day stay out there just before Christmas. Its out of mobile phone range FYI, so a complete break from technology for the kids (and parents) but to get into range is a quick 5 min drive up the road to the nearest winery, sample the local wares while you check your messages. The lodges are lovely and spacious with bedding and towels supplied. A full kitchen which is awesome for families with Aldi, Coles and Woolies in Stanthorpe about 20min drive away. The oven is the webber on the deck which made a lovely roast dinner one evening. Plenty of privacy between the lodges, you really are out in the QLD bush.
We were there for the Geminid Meteor Shower event and we were not disappointed. Lovely view of the night sky and the meteors.
During the day plenty of walks into the national park or drives to local wineries and produce shops etc etc. The froot was full of beautiful wine and food coming home.

I thoroughly recommend it. A short detour from the New England Highway on the route to Sydney for those who want to take the 3ph/destination charger route down south rather than the pacific superchargers. Or just simply do what we did and have a long weekend out of Brisbane to relax and recharge (literally and figuratively).

IMG_20171216_155909.jpg
IMG_20171216_155935.jpg
IMG_7360.JPG
IMG_7392.JPG

Proving that idiocy in government is not a recent invention.
IMG_20171214_131727.jpg

one of the local lizards. there were 3 at Wave Rock.
IMG_20171215_121021.jpg

Plenty of these locals around the grasslands at the lodge
IMG_7187.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_7160.JPG
    IMG_7160.JPG
    420 KB · Views: 37