Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charging the Roadster - EU Style

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey, these are my colors (I was talking about the blue one...)! Exactly the same. What interior color did you get. I got the two-tone leather, but kept both black...

About the charging solution; this is also what I did: 32A, one phase, same connectors.

Hello,

Will receive my roadster sport next week ...

Problem is my electric power supply is about 15 meters from where the car will be parked.

What is the length of the cable provided by tesla ?

Do you know in which way adding additional cable length would impact the charge ?

Regards

Toufou

The standard canle is only a few metres. What country are you in?

You'll need to extend the Non-Tesla end, it's a NEMA 14-50 plug (In the US) on the portable chargers if you have one, an ordinary 110v plug on the free emergency last resort, lots of time on your hands charger that they throw in with the car.

If you're electrically minded, you can make your own extension with plug, socket and cable from the local Home Depot, if not, you'll need to have an electrician make one up for you, same if you're thinking of putting in a new outlet.

The good news is that 15 meters won't affect the charging time.

Have a look around the site, there's much discussion on charging cables and adapters.

Congrats on the Sport!

longer cable

Signature Roadsters are delivered with a European MC 240 fitted with a CEE plug, blue or red. In Switzerland it is a red CEE plug rated at 32A. So you simply buy a 32A extension cord with the red (3-phase) plug. You can get these from your electrician or e.g. by mail from conrad.ch (called CEE Verlängerungen). I would guess that the losses are negligible with a 10m extension. Note that these cables are quite hefty.

Last edited:
4522918214_f3759883bf_b.jpg