Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charlotte, NC Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I called Tesla this morning expecting to hear bad news, and was told that I do have a VIN assigned to me. She said I should be hearing from somebody soon to talk next steps for delivery. I then had a wonderful conversation with her about what kinds of calls she gets, and she said that most of them are positive. She said that she gets some upset people, but more people are just excited and anxious.

Reactions: srharris22
I called Tesla this morning expecting to hear bad news, and was told that I do have a VIN assigned to me. She said I should be hearing from somebody soon to talk next steps for delivery. I then had a wonderful conversation with her about what kinds of calls she gets, and she said that most of them are positive. She said that she gets some upset people, but more people are just excited and anxious.
That is awesome...great news! What does your estimated delivery date say on your tesla.com account?

That is awesome...great news! What does your estimated delivery date say on your tesla.com account?
Still says Sept ‘18 - Nov ‘18. I have pieced some other posts together, and I believe the IDA who contacts you to schedule delivery and next steps is the person who actually puts your delivery date in. I am guessing that once I get that call/email then it will update to a more specific date. The countdown begins...

And...........Delivery date # 2 has now been cancelled, to an indefinite date TBD. Now that the roof glass was fixed, they found that the metal underneath needs fixing as well....

Quickly wishing I had just kept the Challenger I had, which had no such issues at all...

• Informative
Reactions: Sg911
And...........Delivery date # 2 has now been cancelled, to an indefinite date TBD. Now that the roof glass was fixed, they found that the metal underneath needs fixing as well....

Quickly wishing I had just kept the Challenger I had, which had no such issues at all...
Frustrating for sure. I also feel confident that your frustration will turn to happiness once you get the Tesla.

I know that the Challenger was a custom order, arrived on time, and not a car that could have been swapped for back inventory, had something been wrong with it...

There are HUGE problems with the Tesla inspection/delivery/communication flow, ones that should not exist for a company selling cars for $50k a pop right now.

Folks can say 'growing pains', 'it'll get better', etc, but...this has been a pretty miserable experience so far, and there have been a lot of folks experiencing the same, sadly.

Reactions: jmmdownhil
I know that the Challenger was a custom order, arrived on time, and not a car that could have been swapped for back inventory, had something been wrong with it...

There are HUGE problems with the Tesla inspection/delivery/communication flow, ones that should not exist for a company selling cars for $50k a pop right now.

Folks can say 'growing pains', 'it'll get better', etc, but...this has been a pretty miserable experience so far, and there have been a lot of folks experiencing the same, sadly.
I would say that you should make the decisions that feel right for you. You are the driver after all. I know you already sold your other car though.

Status
Not open for further replies.