Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charlotte, NC Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Update....qulitatively, there were alot of empty parking spaces in the Charlotte lot today relative to Friday. Seems they are moving many cars per day. Last Sunday, cars were parked double deep and there were no empty spaces. Good progress.
Woo hoo. I am beyond ready, as I have no car of my own until I get the M3. My spouse drives our only consistently functioning vehicle.

Who do I have to bribe to get my car on a truck up to Raleigh? o_O

shut-up-and-take-my-money-32608030.png

The guys at work suggested trying to Summon it. It didn't work! :eek:

Just got a firm date for delivery at the Raleigh SC. My car is STILL in Charlotte! Which is only 3 hours away. The earliest I can take delivery is a week from today (8/20). I’m tempted to drive to Charlotte just to take a look at it.
I would confirm with the IDA or Raleigh SC couple of days before the delivery date that the car actually reached Raleigh. My delivery in Raleigh got rescheduled two times (Aug 1st and Aug 9th) because the car was still in Charlotte. No new ETA because they are still trying to figure out logistics. I have been given a choice to take the delivery in Charlotte or wait for a firm ETA for Raleigh. The car has been in Charlotte for about 3 weeks now. VIN# 456**.

Anyone know what the fee/percent is for taxes, tags and fees?

My Tesla account is showing taxes of $2241, and fees of $218. The taxes amount seems low though. I am in Charlotte (Mecklenburg County) if that matters. Thanks.
NC has a 3% property tax on vehicles (aka highway use tax). There is no sales tax per se. You are paying for the first year of your property tax and tag, so your number is normal. The NCDMV site also has resources that may be useful.

Reactions: Randy7fx
Ours is sitting out there... White RWD Aero wheels VIN 436xx - and apparently has a cracked back window. :(

We were supposed to take delivery 8/4 in Raleigh, but the car was in CLT. Convinced them to do a home delivery since we live 3hrs from Raleigh and 3.5 from the CLT SC. Confirmed delivery for Sat, 8/11. Got the call around 11:30am on 8/10 about the window. New ETA is... ??? Guaranteed a week, but maybe 2-3. At this rate, I'm going to be making the first payment on the car before we even get it!

Ours is sitting out there... White RWD Aero wheels VIN 436xx - and apparently has a cracked back window. :(

We were supposed to take delivery 8/4 in Raleigh, but the car was in CLT. Convinced them to do a home delivery since we live 3hrs from Raleigh and 3.5 from the CLT SC. Confirmed delivery for Sat, 8/11. Got the call around 11:30am on 8/10 about the window. New ETA is... ??? Guaranteed a week, but maybe 2-3. At this rate, I'm going to be making the first payment on the car before we even get it!

Ugh that's so frustrating. My delivery date is on Thursday, hoping nothing else comes up before then. Though I have a question for you since you're also out of state, or anyone else who happens to know. I'm financing through Freedom First in VA, but Tesla sent me a title application for North Carolina. That's not right, is it? If plate registration is in Virginia, then I should have a Virginia title. I can't get a hold of my delivery advisor to find out or get it corrected.

Also, if anyone else happens to go by the Charlotte lot and wants to find my car (details in signature), that'd give some peace of mind!

FYI- Whomever has a Performance Model 3 in Midnight Silver it’s in Charlotte now - sticker $72,500 white interior - VIN& sticker attached

Attachments

• B1758B9E-5880-457A-A9C9-641753A7A475.jpeg
    B1758B9E-5880-457A-A9C9-641753A7A475.jpeg
    349.8 KB · Views: 44
  • C38EF017-4010-4389-A4DC-3699757D12F6.jpeg
    C38EF017-4010-4389-A4DC-3699757D12F6.jpeg
    470.7 KB · Views: 44
  • 04B5245E-2767-491D-A112-C7AB8B41143A.jpeg
    04B5245E-2767-491D-A112-C7AB8B41143A.jpeg
    330.8 KB · Views: 45
  • 38EF37FA-5691-482E-85A9-3C624F11DEDE.jpeg
    38EF37FA-5691-482E-85A9-3C624F11DEDE.jpeg
    496.7 KB · Views: 45
Ugh that's so frustrating. My delivery date is on Thursday, hoping nothing else comes up before then. Though I have a question for you since you're also out of state, or anyone else who happens to know. I'm financing through Freedom First in VA, but Tesla sent me a title application for North Carolina. That's not right, is it? If plate registration is in Virginia, then I should have a Virginia title. I can't get a hold of my delivery advisor to find out or get it corrected.

Also, if anyone else happens to go by the Charlotte lot and wants to find my car (details in signature), that'd give some peace of mind!

Just looked at my paperwork, and we have VA registration and title. We own two other vehicles that were titled in NC, but we lived there at the time. So I'm not sure if that matters?

Status
Not open for further replies.