Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charlotte, NC Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You aren't going to believe this, or maybe you will. Just 14 HOURS before supposed pick up I'm emailed telling me we have to reschedule that my vehicle isn't there. What a crock.

Hardest part will be breaking it to my 9year old who will wake in the AM ready to go and be crushed. I have some choice words. Rescheduled for a yet to be determined time. What a damn joke.

Wow , nothing surprises me anymore about this... that’s 12 hours more than some people’s delivery rescheduling o_O

Actually getting a Model 3 fully functioning with no dings debts and misalignments is like early Xmas!!:cool:

Reactions: neroden
My second supposed delivery date passed yesterday- account is back to ‘Sept-Nov’ delivery- no contact from IDA despite several emails and attempted calls. The nice lady at the Raleigh SC told me the car is in Baltimore (wtf?) and they have all my money....

They shouldn’t invite ANYONE to pay their balance before the vehicle is at the local SC and verified it’s readt for delivery (accepted that Texans are forced to do so but that’s a local problem).

• Love
  • Informative
Reactions: neroden and Sg911
My second supposed delivery date passed yesterday- account is back to ‘Sept-Nov’ delivery- no contact from IDA despite several emails and attempted calls. The nice lady at the Raleigh SC told me the car is in Baltimore (wtf?) and they have all my money....

They shouldn’t invite ANYONE to pay their balance before the vehicle is at the local SC and verified it’s readt for delivery (accepted that Texans are forced to do so but that’s a local problem).
This is happening so often it’s like their m.o. now . After responding to that mass text , they told me thru text “we will be scheduling you car just waiting for the final delivery preparation. “ I asked , what’s my configuration ,they said black 18” wheels - I asked, it is a performance, white interior with EAP? Never heard back in the last 48 hours.
Called the delivery team ...

Charlotte, NC Waiting Room

Anyhow, I am absolutely grateful to avoid a delivery this weekend. Raleigh never contacted me with paperwork either. It seems like the worst clusterfuck they’ve done with some sprinkles on top!

• Love
Reactions: 0mpg and neroden
Happened to stumble across this thread while browsing. I work next to the port of Baltimore where I get to see the Tesla's unloaded and taken daily. There is usually a max of 50 Tesla's parked by morning but gone by evening every single day.

There was also a big accident on I-95 heading south which involved one Tesla carrier Tuesday so that could of affected your cars. Some of the markers on the windshield I saw had the state of destination. Hopefully I can get some pics before they head out today.

For those of you that have gone to the CLT Tesla lot to check out cars:

Are they okay with it during hours?

Is there security after hours that would prevent you from looking?

I'm thinking of driving over there (1.5 hrs) to check out this VIN I was assigned a couple of weeks ago.

For those of you that have gone to the CLT Tesla lot to check out cars:

Are they okay with it during hours?

Is there security after hours that would prevent you from looking?

I'm thinking of driving over there (1.5 hrs) to check out this VIN I was assigned a couple of weeks ago.
The last time I was there on a weekend - the delivery Manager asked me not to be walking Aroound as they had no parking, and they were zipping around everythjng to move everything constantly - especially this weekend :eek:not sure it will be well received unless you are picking up your car . But since you have your vin I only had the text that it was there but no vin you might be better received but it might be a madhouse dash thru Sunday ! There is simple barrier after hours to block entry but you might be able to park nearby and just walk in... it’s not fenced or anything

• Informative
The last time I was there on a weekend - the delivery Manager asked me not to be walking Aroound as they had no parking, and they were zipping around everythjng to move everything constantly - especially this weekend :eek:not sure it will be well received unless you are picking up your car . But since you have your vin I only had the text that it was there but no vin you might be better received but it might be a madhouse dash thru Sunday ! There is simple barrier after hours to block entry but you might be able to park nearby and just walk in... it’s not fenced or anything

thanks, yea, I was going to avoid this weekend...i was thinking early next week if they still can't locate bank check and I don't have a delivery date

Originally scheduled for last Saturday. Got the email saying I had to switch to home delivery and had a “placeholder” delivery appointment added to my account for today at 10 am. I emailed my delivery advisor yesterday and asked if he could confirm home delivery on Friday and he said he still couldn’t. So I called CLT directly and they said I was welcome to come pick it up. So I drove to CLT today (2+ hours) and was out of there in about an hour with my car.

Only 1-2 other people there taking delivery, but tons of Model 3s in the parking lot. Overall delivery was really smooth. Car looked great. My only complaint was I would’ve liked some extra charge. I live 125+ miles away and the car originally only had 150 miles of range on it. They charged it up to 190, but I only had 30 by the time I got home. So I had a case of range anxiety as it dropped quickly on the drive home. Would’ve appreciated a little more charge so I didn’t feel like I had to take it easy all the way home.

If you don’t have a date — is just call CLT and see if your car is there. Everyone was really friendly and willing to do whatever I needed to get the car delivered.

Unbelievable - got a call at lunchtime saying they.ll deliver the car in 30 mins (I was at work so not possible). Told them I could get it at 4pm - they confirmed at 3pm and I rushed home - just after 4 a silver model S arrived followed by my new model 3. The Tesla guys were very helpful, took time to show me the importance features and let me inspect everything to my satisfaction- everything looked real sharp!

The car is amazing to drive, I’ve never experienced anything like it (and I had a volt for 4 years)...

Not sure how hard it would have been to give me a heads up when my car arrived in Charlotte, but this was a nice surprise after waiting for 30 months!

I hope you all get yours, totally worth the wait!

Traveled all the way from Fort Bragg to Charlotte yesterday to pick up my car. Originally scheduled to get it at 6pm on Sunday, but I made a simple call and asked politely if I can get it sooner. They were cool as hell and said I can pick it up on Friday if I wanted. However, I do feel like a sh!tbag.. because I was an hour early for my appointment and was just walking around the lot... should have hit this message board up and asked if any of you guys wanted me to check any VINS for you. My bust, guys! If it means anything, the lot was overflowing with Model 3’s.

• Informative
Reactions: neroden and Sg911
Update : Called Raleigh yesterday ,and was told By SC BASICALLY ... My type Model 3P , Solid Black, white interior , no PUP, has a long shot getting delivered by December but he searched and found me same thing with PUP- there are plenty with the PUP still out there - I accepted the extra $5k & 20 minutes later I had a vin.

Today, I spoke with a contact I’ve been texting with from delivery scheduling, and she scheduled my delivery for October 25th at 1 pm at Charlotte - The MVPA populated in my account, and IDA assigned. As we know , it may change before then but the car is coming from Fremont with eta 2-3 weeks.:)

Reactions: 0mpg
Update : Called Raleigh yesterday ,and was told By SC BASICALLY ... My type Model 3P , Solid Black, white interior , no PUP, has a long shot getting delivered by December but he searched and found me same thing with PUP- there are plenty with the PUP still out there - I accepted the extra $5k & 20 minutes later I had a vin.

Today, I spoke with a contact I’ve been texting with from delivery scheduling, and she scheduled my delivery for October 25th at 1 pm at Charlotte - The MVPA populated in my account, and IDA assigned. As we know , it may change before then but the car is coming from Fremont with eta 2-3 weeks.:)

That's interesting since my car is performance, black exterior with white interior and no PUP....

• Informative
Yup... Raleigh Contact Steven searched and said there are only 5 left like that , and they were all demo’s . So it wasn’t looking good to get mine anytime soon - I believe he was sincere ....
Sounds like maybe I lucked out in that case. Sometimes I wonder if I should have done PUP as well. I just like having a stealth P with no visible signs that it is a P. I won't have the badge installed when it comes in.

Keep an eye out on the lot. Once your car is physically in Charlotte, you can probably push them to do an earlier delivery provided all of your paperwork is complete.

Sounds like maybe I lucked out in that case. Sometimes I wonder if I should have done PUP as well. I just like having a stealth P with no visible signs that it is a P. I won't have the badge installed when it comes in.

Keep an eye out on the lot. Once your car is physically in Charlotte, you can probably push them to do an earlier delivery provided all of your paperwork is complete.
I was reluctant to get a P+ as I don’t want 20” wheels, which will be the early thing I’ll change to 19’s on wider tires. Maybe the 2 piece stronger brakes and track mode will have made it worth it...

Status
Not open for further replies.