Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cinergi's Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The private property being the golf club where you took delivery? Not surprising, as all of us golfers are cranky.

I assume that if your S is in a garage that is within the WiFi zone of the house, the phone becomes secondary? So software updates would happen.

And thanks for all your work. For those of us who are still months away from getting our own S, it is a godsend.

Ben,

Nice touch screen video. Maybe I missed it, but was there an explanation on how to set the seat memory? Future upgrade?

Yeah I don't have that version yet. That'll be an "addendum" video :smile:

- - - Updated - - -

Pray tell!

At some point with all of us OCDs (sorry, "enthusiasts") they really will not have anything left to teach :biggrin:

Everything I know is now in the video as best as I can tell. I'm trying to remember an example (and failing) but all the new stuff is incorporated. Oh -- the manual parking brake thing as a way to leave your passengers with a live car. Wow, yeah I can't remember what else was new to me. Information overload!

- - - Updated - - -

Interesting. I'll try triple-click. I've never had it happen other than that one time.

Nope. Triple-click doesn't do anything special. I can't reproduce it!

We used to eat there all the time back when I worked at NEES (now National Grid). And we ate at 99's in Norwood when I worked at Boston Gas! I lived in Framingham for a year, and then on Beacon Hill for ten years. If you ever get the chance, try Antonio's Cucina Italiana on Cambridge St across from MGH. It is only a few pleasant blocks from the Chargepoint station at Govt Center.

Explanation for this insane digression: both restaurants were used as destinations in Cinergi's video demonstrating the Navigation system.

Thanks so much Ben! I've enjoyed watching the videos. I was thinking that Tesla should take a hint from Ben and make their own videos regarding certain aspects of the car and how to use it correctly. It's the way things are moving toward these days. I also think it would save them lots of hours on the phone with customers. I for one would love to look at videos to figure something out I couldn't figure out before. An example would be the phone pairing that people are having issues with. Putting that into a FAQ video would save us and Tesla a lot of time!

Thanks for all the vids. One question though, Tesla rates the single charger as up to 31 mph charge and in the charging vid you note that you only get up to about 20 mph charge.

Makes me wonder if the dual chargers and HPC are worth it to be able to consistently charge at off-peak or super off-peak rates. My super off-peak times are 11pm-7am and only charge 1.29 cents/kwh.

Is there a reason why it doesnt get 31 mph charge?

Thanks for all the vids. One question though, Tesla rates the single charger as up to 31 mph charge and in the charging vid you note that you only get up to about 20 mph charge.

Makes me wonder if the dual chargers and HPC are worth it to be able to consistently charge at off-peak or super off-peak rates. My super off-peak times are 11pm-7am and only charge 1.29 cents/kwh.

Yeah, you know ... I need to check that. I may be off. The problem is it takes a while for the number to settle into place so I'm gonna try to observe that better and report back. At 205V though, my max will be about 26 MRPH instead of 31.

- - - Updated - - -

Exterior and interior walkthrough (HD is still pending): Tesla Model S Exterior and Cabin Walkthrough - YouTube

Cinergi's 14-50 outlet is running at 208V, not 240V, he's in a commercial building on 3 phase power, so thats about a %13.3 decrease in voltage to start with (240V is residental split phase service). Also, that 31 MPH rate is probably if the pack is near empty, thats probably the max rate @ 40A 240V, if the pack is not starting from a low SOC, the charge rate will probbaly be slower. He also stated that the rate shown increases, and doesn't show the rate immediatley.. Correct me Cinergi if I have any of this wrong.

Cinergi's 14-50 outlet is running at 208V, not 240V, he's in a commercial building on 3 phase power, so thats about a %13.3 decrease in voltage to start with (240V is residental split phase service). Also, that 31 MPH rate is probably if the pack is near empty, thats probably the max rate @ 40A 240V, if the pack is not starting from a low SOC, the charge rate will probbaly be slower. He also stated that the rate shown increases, and doesn't show the rate immediatley.. Correct me Cinergi if I have any of this wrong.

Unlike the Roadster (IIRC) the Model S I'm finding charges at 40 all the way to the end of a standard mode charge. However 205@40 should still give me 26 miles of range per hour. It's possible I was running HVAC or something which will slow the rate down...

In about 5 hours :scared: the touchscreen video should be live on youtube: Tesla Model S Touch Screen - YouTube...

Speaking of which..... :)

I am unable to watch the Livescream video. My machine loads 2-3 seconds and plays it 2 seconds at a time. No preload possible. Unwatchable!

Can you convert your delivery it into a standard YouTube vid so you have the whole Cinergi deliverly and learning/teaching package in one place?