Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Clean Vehicle Assistance Program and Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi im a newbie here. So after reading everything here, did i understand it right that i can apply for the CVAP online and while waiting for the approval, i can also order the MY online and pay for the $100 and just need to delay my delivery until i receive the grant approval? Or do i have to wait for the grant approval before even ordering? Also, how do you get a tesla adviser? I live in california...

You can do exactly just that! I’m still waiting for my approval and I already have a MY on order. Got my text last week saying 1-3 weeks, so if it’s ready for delivery and I don’t have my approval yet, I’ll delay delivery

You can do exactly just that! I’m still waiting for my approval and I already have a MY on order. Got my text last week saying 1-3 weeks, so if it’s ready for delivery and I don’t have my approval yet, I’ll delay delivery

thanks. How did u verify with tesla that they will take that 5k off once you get approval? Some people here have tesla advisers they have talked to. How can you contact one of them?

Hi im a newbie here. So after reading everything here, did i understand it right that i can apply for the CVAP online and while waiting for the approval, i can also order the MY online and pay for the $100 and just need to delay my delivery until i receive the grant approval? Or do i have to wait for the grant approval before even ordering? Also, how do you get a tesla adviser? I live in california...
You can order now. Then hope they don't try and push a car out to by the end of Q3 and delay. Most likely you won't have a car till December. You will also need to time everything perfect as you only have 120 days to complete the transaction with CVAP and you also need to have the financing in place with a interest rate under 12% to get the grant. Then in turn Tesla only gives you 60 days with that rate before you need to reapply for it.

Also be prepared for Tesla to have no idea about the program(it's so new) - they might tell you can't buy a Y and order 3. You can order a Y matter of fact you can order an X or S if you wanted to. The grant will show up as EV incentive on your final bill and you will see a -5,000 credit on your account.

You could call your local Tesla dealership and speak to someone in sales and ask if they can become you TA. Then order and email them your RN #.

You can order now. Then hope they don't try and push a car out to by the end of Q3 and delay. Most likely you won't have a car till December. You will also need to time everything perfect as you only have 120 days to complete the transaction with CVAP and you also need to have the financing in place with a interest rate under 12% to get the grant. Then in turn Tesla only gives you 60 days with that rate before you need to reapply for it.

Also be prepared for Tesla to have no idea about the program(it's so new) - they might tell you can't buy a Y and order 3. You can order a Y matter of fact you can order an X or S if you wanted to. The grant will show up as EV incentive on your final bill and you will see a -5,000 credit on your account.

You could call your local Tesla dealership and speak to someone in sales and ask if they can become you TA. Then order and email them your RN #.

thanks for the prompt response. I am buying cash so that makes it a little less problematic right as far as timing? I just applied with CVAP this morning... let me try and reach out to tesla then and hope they know about the program

Dealership in dublin ca knows about the cvap. My TA said i can order now and she can apply when approved. Question, whats a referal code? Does anyone here wants me to use your referal code if you are to get something? She said, i will get free charging for 1000 miles if have a referal code..

Personally, I would start at the CVAP site to get a good idea of whether or not you are qualified to receive the grant. If you feel you will qualify (based on income) complete the application process and place an order for a Tesla.

Hi all!

I’m reaching the 6 week mark since I applied for cvap and I’m still (im)patiently waiting for my approval letter. I just received a text today saying that I should be expecting delivery in 1-2 weeks, so I’m hoping that I’ll be receiving my approval letter soon!

Hi all!

I’m reaching the 6 week mark since I applied for cvap and I’m still (im)patiently waiting for my approval letter. I just received a text today saying that I should be expecting delivery in 1-2 weeks, so I’m hoping that I’ll be receiving my approval letter soon!

Its been 3 weeks for me. I've already had to push my delivery date back to 10/5/20 because my model Y was ready to be delivered after 2.5 weeks of lead time. Please let us know when you get a decision.

Hi all!

You’re in a slightly better position than me lol... I’m only 4 weeks in and I got my 1-3 week text from Tesla last week

Dealership in dublin ca knows about the cvap. My TA said i can order now and she can apply when approved. Question, whats a referal code? Does anyone here wants me to use your referal code if you are to get something? She said, i will get free charging for 1000 miles if have a referal code..

I'm still waiting on delivery of mine but you can use my referral code if no one else puts theirs up. I ordered and applied same day for CAVP but Tesla advisor told me to just delay delivery until I get approved.

I'm still waiting on delivery of mine but you can use my referral code if no one else puts theirs up. I ordered and applied same day for CAVP but Tesla advisor told me to just delay delivery until I get approved.

lol it was this advice that convinced me to place my order too. I didn’t place it until a week after I applied.

I’m hoping to receive the approval soon and not have to delay delivery, but if SoCal orders are going to be fulfilled by the end of this month, there’s not much time left :/

How exciting! How long did you wait for approval, if you don’t mind me asking?
I applied June 17 and got Approved Sept. 2nd , also my application was delayed because I didn’t submit my irs tax forms with my initial application submission. It would have been faster if I attached irs forms in the first place but I didn’t know then. Now just wait..... the hardest part

Tesla has included CVAP in their incentive estimator for California.

20% off Model Y is not bad at all! :D

Screenshot_20200911-205213_Samsung Internet.jpg

Reactions: joshwa_RN
Hi all!

Messaged them last week and no updates. Just saw my account today and I’m supposedly expecting delivery this week and still no approval letter :(

You can delay delivery, you know. Unless you don't want to wait for $5K off. It might even be to your advantage to wait after Battery Day for updates to the car.

I’m not really looking to turn this thread into this debate, but I’m on the side that doesn’t believe that Battery Day will have any immediate effects/changes to the Model Y although there’s no harm in waiting...

But yeah, you could delay delivery. The only thing is, there’s no telling how much longer you’d have to wait to be matched again. Though I think $5k is more than worth waiting several weeks for haha

I haven’t received anything about delivery of mine yet, but I’m still crossing my fingers that my approval will come before that happens :)