Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Climate Change / Global Warming Discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2019 was a poo storm of a year ~ bottom line. My/our grandson said, “you should never drive by your Oly house ever again.” The new home owners of what was our home for twenty years; cut down the hundred year old cedar tree. It only took six months. There are two hundred year old Doug firs on the other side of the property that are wondering if they are next.

Maybe they're getting ready to put up some solar panels?

Reactions: ladysbff
Important facts: In 1990, The Washington Post reported in a front page story: "Carbon dioxide is the gas most responsible for predictions that Earth will warm on average by about 3 degrees Fahrenheit by the year 2020."
The outlet further warned: "The United States, because it occupies a large continent in higher latitudes, could warm by as much as 6 degrees Fahrenheit."

Now predictions are 2-5 degree warming by 2100. Luckily for me, I have not been fooled so, not a worry of mine.

.... that's why you don't focus on either extremes of the error bars and why 'The Washington Post' isn't a scientific journal.

NASA’s Long-Term Climate Predictions have Proven to be Very Accurate, Within 1/20th of a Degree Celsius

Screen Shot 2020-01-01 at 1.39.44 PM.png

Last edited:

Australia is becoming a nation of dread – and the world looks on with pity and scorn | David Marr

As that news sank in this summer an unfamiliar emotion took hold in Australia: not fear so much as dread. These fires are not going out.

We’re used to seeing the bush growing back quickly, green shoots appearing within days on burnt trunks. Eucalypt forests have amazing regenerative powers. But these fires are tearing through ancient forests that have never burnt before. They are done for. And the burnt gums are waiting for rain.

Watch and act, Prime Minister. Watch and act.

If Morrison could face the truth, he might speak not only to his country but the world. If Australia were taking effective action against climate change, this catastrophe would give us the right to demand better of the great rogue states on climate, China and the USA.

We’re doing our bit, he says as the country burns and the world looks on with a mix of pity and scorn.
[/QUOTE]
It matters that we’re in touch with reality. All of which is to say that a cheerful life lived in ignorance of important facts about your situation is worse than a less agreeable one lived with the truth. In a sense, what you don’t know can hurt you.

Confirmation bias working well.
Bushfires MUST be climate change.
Now.....where's my lighter?
WHOOMPH....... see.... told you so.....

NoCookies | The Australian

Climate alarmists are using tragic deaths and community pain to push a political barrow. Aided by journalists and others who should know better, they are trying to turn a threat endured on this continent for millennia into a manifestation of their contemporary crusade.

It is opportunistic, transparent, grisly and plain dumb. Contributions this past week take lunacy to new levels in an ominous sign for public discourse. In this land of droughts and flooding rains — Dorothea Mackellar’s “flood, fire and famine” — we now confront an extra injury every time the weather tests us; silly and reckless posturing from climate alarmists trying to prove their point.

Confirmation bias working well.
Bushfires MUST be climate change.
Now.....where's my lighter?
WHOOMPH....... see.... told you so.....

Which do you disagree with?
  • Temperatures are higher.
  • Higher Temperatures make things dry faster.
  • Dry Vegetation burns more vigorously.
This isn't rocket science.... I see your accusation of confirmation bias and raise you cognitive dissonance. Your call.

• Funny
Reactions: SageBrush
Neither the temperatures nor the dryness nor the fires are unprecedented.

What is highly unusual is that innumerable spot fires have broken out far ahead of the fires already burning making the job of fire fighters near impossible.

Many of those fires are the result of arson.
Hard to know what goes on in the sick mind of an arsonist but it is likely that some of them feel empowered by being part of the Climate Alarmist movement.

Last edited:
Reactions: eevee-fan
FIREBUGS AT WORK
Fires Near Me

These new fires that are popping up everywhere are highly suspicious. There is no lightening activity.
Even in tinder dry hot conditions fires do not start by themselves.
Keep watching that site, there is a rash of new fires a very long way from the fire-grounds.

What effect do you think the higher temperatures are having? Here's a graph of how much moisture air can carry. There's an exponential relationship between how dry vegetation gets and temperature.

Screen Shot 2020-01-01 at 8.37.14 PM.png

Climate alarmists are whooping with excitement.

??? It's the sociopathic fools fuel addicts that clearly want to see the world burn. Heros like Greta are trying to STOP the fires.

Last edited: