Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Colorado Deliveries/VIN Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had originally ordered a MY LR with tow package and black paint on June 7th. Evening of the 14th I saw CO had about 15 MY's showing as existing inventory and snagged one. Everything was the same, minus the paint. I now have a Blue MY. My pickup date is tomorrow. Just as general advise if you're not picky about color/etc check existing inventory daily. I haven't confirmed it yet, but I'm guessing my MY will have the lumbar support. It was a demo car with 1000 miles.

I had originally ordered a MY LR with tow package and black paint on June 7th. Evening of the 14th I saw CO had about 15 MY's showing as existing inventory and snagged one. Everything was the same, minus the paint. I now have a Blue MY. My pickup date is tomorrow. Just as general advise if you're not picky about color/etc check existing inventory daily. I haven't confirmed it yet, but I'm guessing my MY will have the lumbar support. It was a demo car with 1000 miles.

how do you do this? Just keep refreshing the MY page?

I check every day out of curiously and never see any MYs in colorado in existing inventory

I guess I was lucky. I used 80110 zip code since I'm in Wyoming. I checked once/twice a day.
Process was ordering the demo car. Costing another $100 order fee. Then canceling the custom order I had placed. Tesla support said I couldn't transfer the first $100 deposit to the demo car. Also the referral code I used from a friend most likely won't work, but I'll be asking tomorrow when I pick the MY up.

Hmmm... My date changed back to the original date...

Estimated Delivery: July 13 - August 02​

Definitely glad to see that it isn't September, but I'm not holding my breath with this one...

I did, however... decide to start a YouTube channel around what it's like to own a Tesla with a crazy commute (~100 miles/day + climbing a mountain) :D

Another Suby owner, I'll probably be selling our Onyx XT tomorrow.

Is your username a reference to SG1?

Picked our MY up today, great condition. Only two VERY tiny paint chips on the front (grain of rice size). I was expending more wrong with it, seeing how it was a demo car. We got there early, total time to drive off the lot was about 45 minutes. Most of which was us checking over the car and going through settings.
Thats great! Glad you had a good experience! Was it a showroom car or a test drive car? how many miles are on it?

Another Suby owner, I'll probably be selling our Onyx XT tomorrow.

Is your username a reference to SG1?
It is! :D Not many people ask about that.

I need to take my Outback in for an oil change this weekend... I was hoping to avoid that $80, but I'm about to go on a road trip and it's been a good 10k miles since getting my oil changed in March. Since it doesn't look like my Tesla will arrive by July... sigh.

Oh well. I'll document "my last oil change" as part of my new Tesla YouTube channel. :D

Picked up my MYP in Littleton this morning! Busy day, so I haven't been able to spend all my time on it as I had hoped, but overall, I'm thrilled with it! The speed is insane. I really haven't had a chance to do more than a 0-50 or so pull, but man, it goes. I think the initial pull seems similar to the LR one I test drove, but it just keeps on going while I thought the LR sort of tapered off.

Panel gaps were all quite good. Hatch was a bit wonky, but playing with the stops got it to be acceptable. The spoiler definitely needs some help though - both ends are pulling off fairly noticeably already. One of the coat hooks wouldn't latch initially, but after messing with it a bit, it seems to close 95% of the time now. The first time I tried to charge, it seemed like the lock in the port was clicking on and off and I couldn't get it to start, but it's been fine since then, so maybe was just some newbie mistake.

I put in a ticket for the spoiler and homelink install primarily, and added a couple of things with the roof liner and b pillar liner that aren't horrible, but thought may be worth having them take a peek at.

They don't seem to offer service at my house, so I have to trek back out to the service center, but hopefully that won't be a common occurrence.

FWIW, I don't think there are any surprises here, but I have the new headlights and console, but lack radar and passenger lumbar adjustment.

Edit: Oh, also no mud flaps or PPF, but I brought the OEM mud flaps with me, and put them on in about 2 minutes per tire, which made me feel better about driving it home.

Last edited:
It is! :D Not many people ask about that.

I need to take my Outback in for an oil change this weekend... I was hoping to avoid that $80, but I'm about to go on a road trip and it's been a good 10k miles since getting my oil changed in March. Since it doesn't look like my Tesla will arrive by July... sigh.

Oh well. I'll document "my last oil change" as part of my new Tesla YouTube channel. :D

Haha, awesome to see another SG1 fan. So good.

Hoping your Delivery Date comes soon!

Picked up my MYP in Littleton this morning! Busy day, so I haven't been able to spend all my time on it as I had hoped, but overall, I'm thrilled with it! The speed is insane. I really haven't had a chance to do more than a 0-50 or so pull, but man, it goes. I think the initial pull seems similar to the LR one I test drove, but it just keeps on going while I thought the LR sort of tapered off.

Panel gaps were all quite good. Hatch was a bit wonky, but playing with the stops got it to be acceptable. The spoiler definitely needs some help though - both ends are pulling off fairly noticeably already. One of the coat hooks wouldn't latch initially, but after messing with it a bit, it seems to close 95% of the time now. The first time I tried to charge, it seemed like the lock in the port was clicking on and off and I couldn't get it to start, but it's been fine since then, so maybe was just some newbie mistake.

I put in a ticket for the spoiler and homelink install primarily, and added a couple of things with the roof liner and b pillar liner that aren't horrible, but thought may be worth having them take a peek at.

They don't seem to offer service at my house, so I have to trek back out to the service center, but hopefully that won't be a common occurrence.

FWIW, I don't think there are any surprises here, but I have the new headlights and console, but lack radar and passenger lumbar adjustment.

Edit: Oh, also no mud flaps or PPF, but I brought the OEM mud flaps with me, and put them on in about 2 minutes per tire, which made me feel better about driving it home.

Interesting, I would think our market would be designated for PPF and Mud Flaps. Interesting idea about brining them with you to delivery. I'll have to keep that in notes

Enjoy your car, very happy for you!

Interesting, I would think our market would be designated for PPF and Mud Flaps. Interesting idea about brining them with you to delivery. I'll have to keep that in notes

Enjoy your car, very happy for you!
Thanks, it has been great so far! I’m going back on Thursday for them to look at my few issues and install the HomeLink system. If you BYO mud flips, just be sure to have a little screwdriver with you to pop the existing fasteners out.

Picked up the car today from Littleton. Late May 7 white/white 7 seater.
Everything was perfect, except the car was dirty and covered in adhesive residue, which is fine by me because I'm going to coat the car this week. They also left me a lot of tape and junk all over the interior, and got the headliner dirty in a couple spots.

For me, I don't care because I'm going to detail and protect the car, and I'd prefer them to never touch the paint, but at the same time I could see how the average car buyer wouldn't be happy. Tesla must hire the absolute bottom of the barrel for their prep teams.

They were pretty busy, and the normal delivery area is under construction, so we had to get the car from the sales area. Maybe it's covid, but they literally told us to sign the paperwork that was in the car already, bring it in to them and they'd give me the keys. There was absolutely no delivery process. Again, I didn't care, I already have a Tesla and probably know more than them, but there was a lady there that was clearly having a lot of trouble trying to get her phone set up, and figuring out how to drive. She nearly backed into another car when she parked because I don't think she understood the shifter.