Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Colorado Tesla showroom reports "drive event party" by end of year

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

voip-ninja

Give me some sugar baby
Mar 15, 2012
Colorado
stopped into my local Tesla dealership in Lonetree Colorado tonight and got a small tidbit on the availability of test vehicles.

The associates reported to me that they found out that they won't be getting any demo units until early next year.

However they said that there will be a drive event that is invitation only to reservation holders that will be held before the end of the calendar year.

I asked if there was a cap on how many people could attend considering the thousands that have reservations and they didn't know. They did say that it should have a party atmosphere.

stopped into my local Tesla dealership in Lonetree Colorado tonight and got a small tidbit on the availability of test vehicles.

The associates reported to me that they found out that they won't be getting any demo units until early next year.

However they said that there will be a drive event that is invitation only to reservation holders that will be held before the end of the calendar year.

I asked if there was a cap on how many people could attend considering the thousands that have reservations and they didn't know. They did say that it should have a party atmosphere.
That’s my Tesla store too. Did they say how they would choose who was invited?

It's a Tesla store. Tesla doesn't have dealerships, it sells directly. People are used to calling any place you buy a car a "dealership" but fortunately Tesla has a different business model. Much to the dismay of the auto dealer cartel.

It's a Tesla store. Tesla doesn't have dealerships, it sells directly. People are used to calling any place you buy a car a "dealership" but fortunately Tesla has a different business model. Much to the dismay of the auto dealer cartel.

Dealer/store does the exact terminology matter so much to people? Do they sell and service the automotive product?

The number of pedants in this place boggles the mind.

Dealer/store does the exact terminology matter so much to people? Do they sell and service the automotive product?

It's an important legal distinction. In Michigan, for instance, it is most definitely not a dealership (currently illegal), and they cannot even help you order.

Service - Yes (well, not in Michigan)
Sell - No (all sales are on-line, can help you with CPO search, again not in Michigan)

• Informative
Reactions: masam
Yes it really matters, when the auto dealer cartel blocks Tesla from opening stores in some states. It's important for the public to understand that if we're going to get the dealer protection laws changed and remove the limits on how Tesla can compete.

Reactions: Chris L

It matters. Tesla is a named party in two state level lawsuits and one federal over their right to sell cars directly and not use the franchise (dealership) model. One of the arguments used by the dealer associations is that consumers will be confused and not understand that they're buying direct from the manufacturer and that dealers "protect the consumer" from the evil manufacturer. We, as Tesla owners and advocates, need to use proper terminology and correct others when we see the term "dealership" being misused. It really does matter.

• Love
Reactions: Chris L and TexasEV
I'm neither a Tesla owner or advocate...yet.

I bought my first car 30 years ago. "Car dealer" is hardwired into my brain and that of millions of others.

I can appreciate the difference between "corporate store" and "franchise dealer" however I view it as a minutiae item.

If anything were to turn me off from owning a Tesla other than a poor test drive or the fact that the model S demo units both were falling apart it would be the level of fanaticism of people in places like this.

Reactions: Big-T
When at the Lonetree store in July, one of the associates told me they would not have any store display M3s until well into next year, but would be getting a driving demo version this month (Aug).
That sounded extremely optimistic to me at the time. The version that the OP received sounds more realistic.

My local dealer sent me this last night

Dear xxxx

I just wanted to send you a quick email regarding the Model 3.

Tesla Dublin may be hosting an event soon which will allow you to compare the Model S, X, and 3 side by side. If you are interested in attending, simply reply to this email and we will keep you informed.

After Tesla released exciting details about the Model 3 on Friday, many people are discovering that our Model S and X host more standard features as well as a more impressive range and acceleration time. Even with our new Model 3 hitting the streets, Model S and X continue to be our flagship vehicles packed with the most value. If you are more interested in seeing a price, incentive, and size comparison for the Model 3 and our S and X, please let me know.

Look forward to seeing you in our showroom soon!

Is it just me or is the anti-selling of model 3 hitting new heights?

I saw three videos from the July 28 launch where the vlogger each side something to the affect of "we know it's no model S, that's the flagship and a much better car"... like they had all been given the same cue cards.