Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Colorado waiting room - M3 Performance AWD or non-Perf AWD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think most deliveries went pretty smoothly but there were several throughout the day that took longer to process. I volunteered for over 12 hours on Saturday and whenever I saw someone standing for a long time by the 'orientation' queue, I made a point to try to help escalate those deliveries. I asked if someone was helping them and if the car was already showing up in the app. I would then have them pull out their phones and check the location of their vehicles. Then I would run around the lot and work on getting those through the detailers next and then was able to handle some of those deliveries or pass them off to other volunteers. There were a few cars that had mobile access disabled. It wasn't that hard to track those cars down during the day but once it got dark, it made it a lot more difficult...especially considering the number of midnight silver. blue and black cars they had on the lot. For one Model S delivery, I went around the entire lot multiple times and eventually had 3 Tesla employees helping search for it as well. We finally found they had moved it into a service bay for a minor cable repair. They hadn't updated the vehicle location in the computer yet which is why we couldn't find it where it was supposed to be! :)
You must be David, of DAErik fame, since he recounted the same story on a recent video. Regardless of that, its great you were helping out!

Reactions: MorrisonHiker
Missed my delivery appointment on Saturday as a result of not getting my mvpa in time on Friday night... VIN is now gone, and showing sept-nov delivery again in my account. Tried to get a new appointment today with no luck... Back into purgatory I go!

Who do we need to contact about missing my Free Lifetime Supercharging on my account/car? I ordered a P3D+ before August 1st. Do I just need to call customer service? I need to charge at one tomorrow and don’t want to pay.
If you crack that code, please let me know. I have email communication from an OA that I would have free supercharging at delivery. However, my account shows pay per use supercharging and my account shows that I was charged at Park Meadows over the weekend. My OA says he will fix it, but haven’t seen anything yet. Will report back if I get it fixed.

What's the average wait from order to delivery everyone here in CO has been experiencing? I'm thinking about ordering a dual motor M3 but concerned it's late enough in the year that it might not be possible to get the full tax credit before it expires at the end of the year. Not the end of the world to not get the full credit, but I'd love to if possible.

The online configurator says 2-4 months for the dual motor (non-P) version. I'm wondering if it's realistic to think I might take delivery before the end of the year if I were to order in the next week or so.

I was a first-day reservation holder, but then I cancelled the reservation a few months ago (for... reasons), so I'd be ordering as a n00b.

Thanks!
(long time lurker, first time poster)

What's the average wait from order to delivery everyone here in CO has been experiencing? I'm thinking about ordering a dual motor M3 but concerned it's late enough in the year that it might not be possible to get the full tax credit before it expires at the end of the year. Not the end of the world to not get the full credit, but I'd love to if possible.

The online configurator says 2-4 months for the dual motor (non-P) version. I'm wondering if it's realistic to think I might take delivery before the end of the year if I were to order in the next week or so.

I was a first-day reservation holder, but then I cancelled the reservation a few months ago (for... reasons), so I'd be ordering as a n00b.

Thanks!
It varies greatly. Some people waited less than 3 weeks. Others waited more than 3 months.

Reactions: neroden

Thanks!

Given the current backlog I'd be surprised if you ordered today and didn't have a car by early November.

Thanks. I figured as much.
I think we'll likely just bit the bullet and do it and hope for the best.

Just need to finish convincing my wife to love the 3 :)
I think you have a good chance of getting AWD LR by the end of the year. If not, it could slide to 1st quarter of 2019. You'd still be eligible for half the federal tax credit and all of the state tax credit for the first half of 2019.

Thanks!

Based on what I've seen your best best for getting quick delivery would be to order the P3D. ~$9000 more than the AWD. If the AWD were to slip into January, and the P3D were to deliver in 2018 then the P3D would only cost $5250 more... ($9000-$3750)

If you crack that code, please let me know. I have email communication from an OA that I would have free supercharging at delivery. However, my account shows pay per use supercharging and my account shows that I was charged at Park Meadows over the weekend. My OA says he will fix it, but haven’t seen anything yet. Will report back if I get it fixed.
I talked to someone at the Service Center today, she said it’s a bug and there isn’t anything they can do about it right now.

Based on what I've seen your best best for getting quick delivery would be to order the P3D. ~$9000 more than the AWD. If the AWD were to slip into January, and the P3D were to deliver in 2018 then the P3D would only cost $5250 more... ($9000-$3750)
Given the current backlog I'd be surprised if you ordered today and didn't have a car by early November.
I configured my non-performance AWD in August and took delivery on September 29 at the LIttleton Delivery Center. It went much faster than I expected.

Boy this forum sure has quieted down since last Friday/Saturday. Wonder how things look down at the delivery center. I hope that deliveries are still coming through in droves.
I was there yesterday for a service appointment. It was definitely a lot quieter, although I did see one truck dropping off a shipment of Model 3s and several people going through orientation. The parking lot was fairly full but nothing like last week.

• Informative
Reactions: neroden
I ordered non-P AWD in early August and was notified my car is at the Littleton center now. Seems likely you could still get one this year ordering now.

On a separate note, I'm in Durango and have the choice of picking up in Littleton or taking home delivery. I'm a little nervous about both - picking up in Littleton because I have a tight window to fly there, pick up, and drive to Albuquerque for a previously planned commitment. If something went wrong, I'd be stuck. For home delivery, I'd be very far away from the service center in the event I got a car with significant problems. Am I being overly paranoid reading all the problems people have had with quality and delivery? Or any advice on tradeoff of home delivery vs traveling to pick up? I've driven my brother's S for a couple months, so not worried about "learning" the car, more about the potential for build and delivery problems. Thanks.

Only advice is, don't pay until you physically see the car and they're willing to give it to you. As long as that is the case, home delivery or Littleton should both be fine. If you go to pick up in Littleton and the car isn't there or is broken, get a rental car. :-(

Took delivery in Littleton yesterday afternoon, and after doing a thorough inspection once I drove back home to golden I noticed some damage on a 2 inch section of the lower lip of the front bumper. Who should I call to have this addressed or added to due bill? Littleton delivery?