Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Colorado waiting room - M3 Performance AWD or non-Perf AWD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i do not, but i can tell you that EchoPark (i like the one in Thorton, CO) makes MUCH better offers than CarMax/Tesla. They offered me $3,500 more, good luck!

Thanks for the tip. I'll check them out. I've checked Vroom, CarMax and givemethevin.com. Their offers ranged from inadequate (Vroom) to insulting (CarMax and givemethevin.com). I've heard that Tesla will match an offer that's more than theirs on non-Tesla trade-ins. If EchoPark will give me a good enough offer I'd see if Tesla would match it, and take the break on taxes to make up some more between trade-in and retail.

Quick update on my delivery: Friday I got the "no Edit link" & credit application thing on the website. Just now got the "Your Model 3 is Ready" e-mail from one of the folks that work out of the Vegas office. Estimate of 1-2 weeks. Gettin' hyped.

Congrats!

Are you an owner? When did you reserve?

NM. I went back and read your early post with this info. You reserved over a year ahead of me, and ordered three days before me. You ordered performance, and showed Aug-Oct delivery.

I'm non-P red AWD. So maybe I'm a month behind you? Fingers crossed.

Last edited:
Quick update on my delivery: Friday I got the "no Edit link" & credit application thing on the website. Just now got the "Your Model 3 is Ready" e-mail from one of the folks that work out of the Vegas office. Estimate of 1-2 weeks. Gettin' hyped.
congrats buddy! i told you it was soon!

Tesla will NOT match EchoPark, they only match Carmax unfortunately. :(
I was told when I was looking at a Model S that they would take EchoPark, rules have changed.

Congrats!

Are you an owner? When did you reserve?

NM. I went back and read your early post with this info. You reserved over a year ahead of me, and ordered three days before me. You ordered performance, and showed Aug-Oct delivery.

I'm non-P red AWD. So maybe I'm a month behind you? Fingers crossed.

It turns out that standing in line for 5 hours back on 3/31/2016 didn't really buy me much. I guess that was more for an early shot at those first RWD ones.

Which interior did you go with? I'm not sure if that is a factor on timing.

Good luck! Seems like deliveries of all configurations are happening pretty quickly now.

:D

I was told when I was looking at a Model S that they would take EchoPark, rules have changed.

Opted not to do the trade-in thing. My 17 year old WRX isn't worth more than $4-5k anyway (I'll probably sell it very cheap to a friend who wants to convert it for club racing). I'm thinking I should keep the old reliable Subaru for a couple of weeks after getting the new car. It seems like many of the Model 3 failures show up in the first several days.

:D

Opted not to do the trade-in thing. My 17 year old WRX isn't worth more than $4-5k anyway (I'll probably sell it very cheap to a friend who wants to convert it for club racing). I'm thinking I should keep the old reliable Subaru for a couple of weeks after getting the new car. It seems like many of the Model 3 failures show up in the first several days.
I kept my CR-V another few months just to hit the 20 year mark. :) It also comes in handy to have a second car if you are going to have the 3 tinted or get paint protection film installed.

It turns out that standing in line for 5 hours back on 3/31/2016 didn't really buy me much. I guess that was more for an early shot at those first RWD ones.

Which interior did you go with? I'm not sure if that is a factor on timing.

Good luck! Seems like deliveries of all configurations are happening pretty quickly now.

I went with black. Thanks. I'm just nervous about getting the Bimmer sold. It's about half of my funds to pay cash, and I've had it on the market for over a month now. I've already got it priced over $2000 under KBB. Don't want to take another $6000-$7000 hit on it.

Shoot. Well if it comes down to giving Tesla an extra $2K or the tax collector I'll give it to the tax collector. At least that money will ostensibly go into some road improvements. :)

I got the call today. Car will be here next week, but I am on vacation so I am delaying it until 8/27. They said it's the last day of their 7 day window and won't be confirmed until we finalize all details. I really hope I don't have to give this one up and wait in limbo because they won't hold it more than 7 days. Oh well, not a bad problem to have.

non-owner
line waiter
6/26 order
AWD (non-P)

I went to the Littleton service center today to see some 3's. I saw 3 P3D+ all with white interiors (Silver, MSM and Black). There were probably almost 50 3's on the lot and there is an overflow lot that has even more.

Attachments

• IMG_3025.jpg
    IMG_3025.jpg
    481.1 KB · Views: 71