Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Colorado waiting room - M3 Performance AWD or non-Perf AWD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
lol.. or are you the one trying to justify spending an extra $16k to support your ego? No point debating something so subjective. That said, I’ll be adding coilovers, better brake pads, wider wheels and tires and taking mine to track days and autocross events across Colorado. I’ll be glad to take on some P3D’s! Having owned a turbo Miata for 9 years I know how to be quicker than more expensive cars.
lol, no ego....but i can't wait to blow away your slow RWD.

(i am just kidding with you)

• Funny
Reactions: Runt8
I think buying a Tesla is about the only time it isn’t taken off at purchase. It’s kind of disappointing because they decreased it from 6k to 5k and simplified it for the buyer, except Tesla buyers so all we get is a decreased tax credit.

Congrats though! I may have missed it but is it a P or AWD?

Hmm, I thought I remembered a friend who bought an S say that he got an insta-rebate, but it sounds like I'm wrong there.

It's a P.

so many wheels in my garage — Stormtrooper transformation tomorrow! pics next weekend!

Attachments

• IMG_0389.jpg
    IMG_0389.jpg
    373.9 KB · Views: 77
I'd like to see that. Maybe those are more obvious with white? I don't know if I'd notice something like that myself unless it was pretty bad. :D

Ok, so I attempted to try and show how bad the rear door trim is, but I didn't line up my ruler perfectly. I estimate it is 3mm (driver rear) vs 6mm (passenger rear) gaps. Very noticeable by eye, oh well, the car otherwise is awesome. None of the window trim is symetrical or consistent, but I have read Tesla will often deny refitment because 2-3mm is within their acceptable tolerances, and more importantly, reinstalling window trim can be damaging. Finally I am getting it wrapped in vinyl, so maybe that will make it less noticeable? :)

Attachments

• IMG_0393.jpg
    IMG_0393.jpg
    271.9 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_0394.jpg
    IMG_0394.jpg
    157.8 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_0396.jpg
    IMG_0396.jpg
    179.9 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_0397.jpg
    IMG_0397.jpg
    236.8 KB · Views: 48
Ok, so I attempted to try and show how bad the rear door trim is, but I didn't line up my ruler perfectly. I estimate it is 3mm (driver rear) vs 6mm (passenger rear) gaps. Very noticeable by eye, oh well, the car otherwise is awesome. None of the window trim is symetrical or consistent, but I have read Tesla will often deny refitment because 2-3mm is within their acceptable tolerances, and more importantly, reinstalling window trim can be damaging. Finally I am getting it wrapped in vinyl, so maybe that will make it less noticeable? :)

Easy to see with the wide shots. Too bad. I'd push them on it. Worst case maybe you can get some other concession. Nice looking wheels with the Bimmer caps. Going on the T?

Post 150.
LOL sorry, i posted that after a few brewskies. i wish those BMW wheels would fit on my T, i would swap out with T center caps and be set for winter....athought they are 18s so unlikely to fit over big red sport breakes. instead they are for sale on CraigsList (make me an offer!) and i have my 19s already mounted on my T. that is why the 20s are on the floor, ready to get powdercoated!

That is much much better than most of the photos we have seen of cars will badly fitting trim.

Having owned/driven German cars now for going on 20 years I don't know what the heck you are complaining about.

LOL sorry, i posted that after a few brewskies. i wish those BMW wheels would fit on my T, i would swap out with T center caps and be set for winter....athought they are 18s so unlikely to fit over big red sport breakes. instead they are for sale on CraigsList (make me an offer!) and i have my 19s already mounted on my T. that is why the 20s are on the floor, ready to get powdercoated!

Ah, okay. Makes sense. No offer here, LOL. I'm going with either keeping the Aeros sans covers, or buying the TSportline 18" wheel set and selling the stocks. Know anyone who wants a nearly perfect 2017 330i xDrive?

That is much much better than most of the photos we have seen of cars will badly fitting trim.

Having owned/driven German cars now for going on 20 years I don't know what the heck you are complaining about.
i have had 5 BMWs (all leased) prior to my Tesla, none had inconstent gaps like this. i checked my 435i Gran Coupe before turning it in, everything was at least consistent. i know i shouldn't compare 100yr old BMW to 15yr (if that, with such light production so far) to Tesla....just sharing my ONLY complaint! :)

Ah, okay. Makes sense. No offer here, LOL. I'm going with either keeping the Aeros sans covers, or buying the TSportline 18" wheel set and selling the stocks. Know anyone who wants a nearly perfect 2017 330i xDrive?
i do not, but i can tell you that EchoPark (i like the one in Thorton, CO) makes MUCH better offers than CarMax/Tesla. They offered me $3,500 more, good luck!