Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Colorado waiting room - M3 Performance AWD or non-Perf AWD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My Edit button just went away and I just now went through the Tesla-brokered loan application that showed up.

!!!

Since the loan approval is only good for 30 days, I hope that means I'm < 30 days away from delivery!

Steve you are correct, it’s coming!! That happened to me July 24, followed by an email that my car was ready Aug 6 for an Aug 11 pickup!

Good luck brother!

• Informative
Reactions: SteveTack
Steve you are correct, it’s coming!! That happened to me July 24, followed by an email that my car was ready Aug 6 for an Aug 11 pickup!

Good luck brother!

Ah, good to hear. Only one more day to go for you, wow.

If my timing is similar, I should be looking at the first week of September. EDIT: No, that would the last week of August, even better!!!

As Tuco would say, TIGHT! TIGHT-TIGHT!

EDIT #2: They already came back with approved financing. Wells Fargo, hrmm. 3.59% on a 36 month term. Oh well, I put 80% down and plan to pay the rest off in 6 months anyway. The main thing I was hoping for was the theoretical instant $5k CO rebate when financing. Not sure any banks actually do that, but the law has an option for that. No biggie I guess, just have to wait until tax time on that.

Last edited:

If my timing is similar, I should be looking at the first week of September. EDIT: No, that would the last week of August, even better!!!

EDIT #2: They already came back with approved financing. Wells Fargo, hrmm. 3.59% on a 36 month term. Oh well, I put 80% down and plan to pay the rest off in 6 months anyway. The main thing I was hoping for was the theoretical instant $5k CO rebate when financing. Not sure any banks actually do that, but the law has an option for that. No biggie I guess, just have to wait until tax time on that.

I think buying a Tesla is about the only time it isn’t taken off at purchase. It’s kind of disappointing because they decreased it from 6k to 5k and simplified it for the buyer, except Tesla buyers so all we get is a decreased tax credit.

Congrats though! I may have missed it but is it a P or AWD?

love that show, and the spinoff is great too!!

I'm not sure how many in this thread who are getting movement towards getting their cars are performance versus plain AWD?

In my car I would have expected to be near the front of the queue for non performance regardless of their algorithm... Owner since 2013, day one reservation, ordered within an hour of it opening up in June, paying cash with no trade in. Still no VIN.
(Options were AWD not performance, fully loaded except color was black and wheels were aero, black interior)

well its been a long wait but she (Electra) is finally mine!!

Attachments

• IMG_0367.jpg
    IMG_0367.jpg
    314.3 KB · Views: 65
FYI: Tesla Park Meadows has 2-3 Performance Model 3's for test drive now (1 White ext, white int, 20" wheels and one blue ext, white int, and 20" wheels, and I thought I saw a MSM Performance also). No LR AWD at the moment.

I signed up for a test drive a few weeks back and was told they only had RWD which was fine, but yesterday while walking into the parking garage with the Tesla guy he pointed to the car we'd be taking and I saw the 20's and white interior and was like "wait, thats a performance model?" he said "yep just got them in, this one only has 60 miles on it" and sure enough.. couldn't even use autopilot at all because the cameras were still calibrating :)

Car had about 170 miles of range left but I punched it at the onramp to I25 and a few other short bursts here and there.. coming from a Turbo Miata and Mazdaspeed3, Its very very quick, but not an extra 11k quick imo, or 15k quicker than the RWD car I drove a few months back. I was impressed with the 20" wheels.. very quite and the ride was nice. the white dash was fine with my polarized sunglasses, but I took them off for a second when sunlight was hitting the dash and it was nearly painful to my eyes. Other that the white, same interior as any other model 3.

Its an amazing car, walked away happy with the options I picked (Blue, LR AWD, aeros, pup, no eap), but I think I will pick up some 20" wheels eventually and keep the 18"s for winter and road trips.

Reactions: Runt8
FYI: Tesla Park Meadows has 2-3 Performance Model 3's for test drive now (1 White ext, white int, 20" wheels and one blue ext, white int, and 20" wheels, and I thought I saw a MSM Performance also). No LR AWD at the moment.

I signed up for a test drive a few weeks back and was told they only had RWD which was fine, but yesterday while walking into the parking garage with the Tesla guy he pointed to the car we'd be taking and I saw the 20's and white interior and was like "wait, thats a performance model?" he said "yep just got them in, this one only has 60 miles on it" and sure enough.. couldn't even use autopilot at all because the cameras were still calibrating :)

Car had about 170 miles of range left but I punched it at the onramp to I25 and a few other short bursts here and there.. coming from a Turbo Miata and Mazdaspeed3, Its very very quick, but not an extra 11k quick imo, or 15k quicker than the RWD car I drove a few months back. I was impressed with the 20" wheels.. very quite and the ride was nice. the white dash was fine with my polarized sunglasses, but I took them off for a second when sunlight was hitting the dash and it was nearly painful to my eyes. Other that the white, same interior as any other model 3.

Its an amazing car, walked away happy with the options I picked (Blue, LR AWD, aeros, pup, no eap), but I think I will pick up some 20" wheels eventually and keep the 18"s for winter and road trips.

sounds like you are trying to justify not spending the extra cash on the superior Performance model, but to each is own. for everyone else on the fence, i picked up my P3D+ yesterday, and i test drove a RWD at Cherry Creek a few week ago -- RWD is quick, but P3D is scary fast, so if you have a need for speed (like me) its worth every penny. And the white matte trim is not that reflective at all, you must have sensitive eyes Schmeltz.

sounds like you are trying to justify not spending the extra cash on the superior Performance model, but to each is own. for everyone else on the fence, i picked up my P3D+ yesterday, and i test drove a RWD at Cherry Creek a few week ago -- RWD is quick, but P3D is scary fast, so if you have a need for speed (like me) its worth every penny. And the white matte trim is not that reflective at all, you must have sensitive eyes Schmeltz.

lol.. or are you the one trying to justify spending an extra $16k to support your ego? No point debating something so subjective. That said, I’ll be adding coilovers, better brake pads, wider wheels and tires and taking mine to track days and autocross events across Colorado. I’ll be glad to take on some P3D’s! Having owned a turbo Miata for 9 years I know how to be quicker than more expensive cars.