Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Colorado waiting room - M3 Performance AWD or non-Perf AWD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anybody tried the Supercharger near the airport? I went over there this morning just to see how Supercharging works. (short version: it's completely idiot proof - you just plug in...)

I was only getting 36 kW, which I think is super low for a Supercharger. I was just playing around and didn't actually need a charge (I arrived at 75%), so maybe that's part of it? Or could there be something wrong with that location?

I just can't understand why we don't have even one charger on our side of town (I live in Arvada, too). They're supposedly putting one in Wheat Ridge in 2019, but why not closer to the freeway?

I just can't understand why we don't have even one charger on our side of town (I live in Arvada, too). They're supposedly putting one in Wheat Ridge in 2019, but why not closer to the freeway?
I think it has to do with the SC in Boulder for North, and then Silverthorne for West. But Wheatridge is just kind of nestled with access for I-70 and I-25. Focusing on Denver and the surrounding makes sense but I would really like to see more SCs in the mountains to really alleviate range anxiety. Winter travel and more options would be helpful I think.

I think it has to do with the SC in Boulder for North, and then Silverthorne for West. But Wheatridge is just kind of nestled with access for I-70 and I-25. Focusing on Denver and the surrounding makes sense but I would really like to see more SCs in the mountains to really alleviate range anxiety. Winter travel and more options would be helpful I think.

Agree on the mountains, though they do have one planned for Idaho Springs in 2019. Beyond that their are a fair number on I-70 if you're going cross state. The one you mentioned in Keystone, and then Glenwood and Grand Junction. They should put one in Winter Park or Granby.

As far as the one in Wheat Ridge, my main concern is that the current map shows it several blocks to the south of I-70, and in a neighborhood. Maybe they just dropped the locating pin there, but the stretch of Wadsworth between I-70 and 38th Ave is a bit of a traffic snarl most days. I live not too far north of there in Arvada. I believe they'd be better off locating it around Ward Road, or the Applewood exit. Maybe even Denver West, where there are a bunch of restaurants.

Agree on the mountains, though they do have one planned for Idaho Springs in 2019. Beyond that their are a fair number on I-70 if you're going cross state. The one you mentioned in Keystone, and then Glenwood and Grand Junction. They should put one in Winter Park or Granby.

As far as the one in Wheat Ridge, my main concern is that the current map shows it several blocks to the south of I-70, and in a neighborhood. Maybe they just dropped the locating pin there, but the stretch of Wadsworth between I-70 and 38th Ave is a bit of a traffic snarl most days. I live not too far north of there in Arvada. I believe they'd be better off locating it around Ward Road, or the Applewood exit. Maybe even Denver West, where there are a bunch of restaurants.
I’ll default to your reasoning. I’m rarely in that area. I see your concerns though. It’s kind of like the one in CO. Springs. It’s in a deck that charges and isn’t clear on charging as well as a tad out of the way but not huge.

I give all my votes for Winter Park. My favorite mountain for ski/boarding. Though I truly miss the rates from when I was a kid.

I’ll default to your reasoning. I’m rarely in that area. I see your concerns though. It’s kind of like the one in CO. Springs. It’s in a deck that charges and isn’t clear on charging as well as a tad out of the way but not huge.

I give all my votes for Winter Park. My favorite mountain for ski/boarding. Though I truly miss the rates from when I was a kid.

Yeah, I'm just thinking of this in road trip terms. I personally don't really care if there are SC on my side of town. Driving in and around Denver I am going to charge at home. But if someone is on a trip through Denver they want to be able to jump off and on the interstate, with little friction. And having restaurants nearby to pass the time while the car is charging is key.

I really like WP too. But the reason I said WP is because there is a charger in Estes, and one planned for Steamboat, but not something on the west side of RMNP. Having a place to stop when you go "back roads" is key to continued growth of Tesla, IMO

Reactions: Pandamoanium

Well, we have one on I-70 and one on I-25, which covers quite a bit. Yeah, I normally would not be using any of the local Denver area ones, so it doesn't matter so much to me. Between home charging and work charging, I can't see that come up really.

In terms of the Wheat Ridge future location, I have to assume the location on the map is just a generalized "somewhere in Wheat Ridge" location that happens to be where the Wheat Ridge title is on the map and not literally at that exact spot. Apparently Tesla was at least looking into the Applewood area, which would be right off of I-70:
Denver West Supercharger - Wheat Ridge

Well, we have one on I-70 and one on I-25, which covers quite a bit. Yeah, I normally would not be using any of the local Denver area ones, so it doesn't matter so much to me. Between home charging and work charging, I can't see that come up really.

In terms of the Wheat Ridge future location, I have to assume the location on the map is just a generalized "somewhere in Wheat Ridge" location that happens to be where the Wheat Ridge title is on the map and not literally at that exact spot. Apparently Tesla was at least looking into the Applewood area, which would be right off of I-70:
Denver West Supercharger - Wheat Ridge

Cool. That would be a good location for someone passing through town.

Until a location is officially open, it shows up centered right above the city name where it will be installed, not the actual location where it will be installed. See pretty any planned/gray Supercharger and you'll see they are always located above the city name. As @SteveTack mentioned, the current Wheat Ridge location looks to be in Applewood Village, right off the highway.

• Informative
Reactions: Pandamoanium
Until a location is officially open, it shows up centered right above the city name where it will be installed, not the actual location where it will be installed. See pretty any planned/gray Supercharger and you'll see they are always located above the city name. As @SteveTack mentioned, the current Wheat Ridge location looks to be in Applewood Village, right off the highway.

Yeah, I saw Steve's post. Makes sense.

Just found this thread, writing from Fort Collins, my info:

Reserved: Fall 2016 (online after purchasing my CPO 2013 MS)
Ordered: 8/19/18

I ordered a AWD w/ Black exterior/interior, and EAP/FSD. Not in a hurry for delivery, just want to make that 2018 tax deadline.

Hi from Boulder --- I've been seeing quite a few around here (1 black, 1 silver, 2 blue) in the last week, and am excited to join the ranks myself next week, when I take delivery in Littleton! Just got the call today.

AWD
Aeros
White/White
Reserved July 2017
Ordered 6/28/18
Changed to white interior 8/18/18

Reactions: SteveTack
AWD
Aeros
White/White

I'm taking delivery of the same config, tomorrow. Also from Boulder (County). I'll watch for you around town.

28.May.2017 Reserved
28.Jun.2018 Configured: AWD LR Pearl White Aero EAP FSD Cash/no-trade
31.Jul.2018 Edited to White Interior (undocumented URL)
20.Aug.2018 First email from ISA
21.Aug.2018 Call from ISA to schedule delivery! Two minutes later an email confirmation with VIN: 966xx, bank info, etc.
29.Aug.2018 Delivery

We picked up our dual motor non-P yesterday. Overall very satisfied, but there are issues with the paint in places just like many people have been reporting. The most noticeable is the front bumper that clearly was dirty before painting. Also a few bubbles in the lower edge of the door. It has a fair amount of raised dots where dirt is under the paint. Pretty noticeable with the dark blue. Of course Tesla said they will take it in and see what they can do, but in reality the only option will be to repaint it.

I am torn. The defects are noticeable and do suck on this expensive of a car, but I am worried if they repaint it has a chance to look worse just in a different way. It might not match perfectly or will fade at a different rate than the rest of the car due to different paint.

My question is - has anyone had paint work done through the littleton service center? They said they outsource to local paint shops which concerns me unless I can specify where it goes. I am looking for others with similar experience. Are you happy with the outcome? Or do you wish you kept the few factory defects and didn't deal with the hassle?

The rest of the car is good. I was worried given all the complaints on the forum, but the panel gaps are normal and the rest looks great. The paint is not good though. I've never seen a new car with this bad of paint.

• Informative
Reactions: P3D_Denver
I'm taking delivery of the same config, tomorrow...

28.Jun.2018 Configured: AWD LR Pearl White Aero EAP FSD Cash/no-trade
31.Jul.2018 Edited to White Interior (undocumented URL)

Just a little jealous of the white/white configs (my current order is black/black). All things being equal I'd probably be in that boat but hard to convince the wife at another $3,500.

We picked up our dual motor non-P yesterday. Overall very satisfied, but there are issues with the paint in places...

My question is - has anyone had paint work done through the littleton service center? They said they outsource to local paint shops which concerns me unless I can specify where it goes. I am looking for others with similar experience. Are you happy with the outcome? Or do you wish you kept the few factory defects and didn't deal with the hassle?

I'm curious about this also. Hearing talk of people having after-market paint correction work done prior to applying paint protection film or ceramic coatings.

Seems like Tesla should be pro-active about fixing these delivery defects. I'm concerned about having to spend a lot of time at delivery inspecting and negotiating to get defects fixed in a timely manner.

I'm curious about this also. Hearing talk of people having after-market paint correction work done prior to applying paint protection film or ceramic coatings.

Seems like Tesla should be pro-active about fixing these delivery defects. I'm concerned about having to spend a lot of time at delivery inspecting and negotiating to get defects fixed in a timely manner.

As I was recently told by a detailer/PPF installer "paint correction" really should be called clear coat correction. It can get rid of swirls in the clear coat. But it can't get rid of dirt under the clear coat, fisheyes, etc..

• Helpful
Reactions: P3D_Denver