Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Colorado waiting room - M3 Performance AWD or non-Perf AWD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Colorado Springs
Reserved: 3/31/2016
Ordered: 7/17/2018
Lost my edit button about 3 days ago and got a delivery date of 9/4 today. My delivery advisor made it sound like she could have made it for an earlier date but thought 9/4 was the soonest "safe" date. They're pumping these babies out quick!

AWD
Exterior: Blue
Interior: White
Wheels: Standard 18's

What's awesome is I'm on vacation the labor day week so I'll be enjoying the hell out of this thing for a few days straight. Maybe a road trip is in order...
awesome color combo! congrats, enjoy it!!

Colorado Springs
Lost my edit button about 3 days ago and got a delivery date of 9/4 today. My delivery advisor made it sound like she could have made it for an earlier date but thought 9/4 was the soonest "safe" date. They're pumping these babies out quick!

AWD

What's awesome is I'm on vacation the labor day week so I'll be enjoying the hell out of this thing for a few days straight. Maybe a road trip is in order...

Well at least they are making some blue ones. I still haven't gotten any more info on my 4/1/16 reservation but mine has black interior.

What is your VIN series?

Colorado Springs

AWD

Awesome. As a 4/5/16 Colorado Springs reservation holder, I'm jealous and looking forward to adding another TM3 to the city!

My only pause is handling. I'm not sure how much better the P with the Performance Upgrade Package handles than the standard AWD.

I would think that 95% of that difference is going to be tires. Put some sticky summer tires on the AWD and I'd guess it's going to be basically the same thing. The 20" wheels means lower profile tires, which in theory would give you a bit more handling and the Performance Upgrade lowers the car very slightly. That upgrade package is mostly aesthetics (the 20" wheels) and for track-worthy heat dissipation of the brakes from what I can tell. To be honest, I got that too, but it was mostly because I haven't yet warmed up to the stock 18's.

I drove my son into Littleton today to pick up his silver-black P3D+ with 20” wheels and white interior. The car was flawless and the service was superb.

The only downside is that I am still waiting for my blue\white P3D+ even though I configured before him and referred him. Unfair!

Well not really since he talked me into the car in the first place. I’m happy for him.

The Littleton Tesla dealership gets 5 stars. It’s a very slick operation. No waiting, friendly staff very anxious to please. They seemed as excited as we were.

Hope things go this well for everyone else.

OMG I got to drive my son’s car for a few minutes. I’m speechless. It’s like no car I have ever driven. I’m driving a BMW 3 Series and there is no comparison. I was on a curvey steep mountain road. The handling and acceleration are unbelievable. Very smooth on the 20” tires. I could go on. No one could drive one of these and not want one. Buy stock!

• Informative
Reactions: riverFox and Zaxxon
OMG I got to drive my son’s car for a few minutes. I’m speechless. It’s like no car I have ever driven. I’m driving a BMW 3 Series and there is no comparison. I was on a curvey steep mountain road. The handling and acceleration are unbelievable. Very smooth on the 20” tires. I could go on. No one could drive one of these and not want one. Buy stock!

Awesome. I've got a lowly RWD 3 and the curvy mountain road comment rings true even for mine. Fantastic car, drives like a little bullet.

um, yeah? why do you think we all waited 2+ years for these babies!! glad you enjoyed it, i am also a former-BMW-only driver....not anymore. ;)

Colorado Springs

AWD

Happy for you and jealous for me...still waiting. Congrats! I'll be looking for you around the Springs!

Anybody tried the Supercharger near the airport? I went over there this morning just to see how Supercharging works. (short version: it's completely idiot proof - you just plug in...)

I was only getting 36 kW, which I think is super low for a Supercharger. I was just playing around and didn't actually need a charge (I arrived at 75%), so maybe that's part of it? Or could there be something wrong with that location?