Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Colorado waiting room - M3 Performance AWD or non-Perf AWD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Took delivery in Littleton yesterday afternoon, and after doing a thorough inspection once I drove back home to golden I noticed some damage on a 2 inch section of the lower lip of the front bumper. Who should I call to have this addressed or added to due bill? Littleton delivery?

An email to [email protected] is how I was instructed to address any issues within the first 72 hours.

• Informative
Reactions: neroden
I sent that email within the 72 hours last week after delivery (9/29) and another follow-up a few days later but no response yet. Are people submitting to this email address getting responses and how long did it take?

I didn't get a response. I called a couple days after to make sure it was received (it was). They said that mobile service would be taking care of my turn signal issue, but that they had changed how they were dealing with body shop issues and that the body shop they were using was backed up. You may have to call in (and expect a looooooong hold time) if you need to check status.

I didn't get a response. I called a couple days after to make sure it was received (it was). They said that mobile service would be taking care of my turn signal issue, but that they had changed how they were dealing with body shop issues and that the body shop they were using was backed up. You may have to call in (and expect a looooooong hold time) if you need to check status.

Thanks for confirming it's not a black hole. My issue isn't urgent (front bumper damaged, noticed by my PPF installer) so I'll give it a few more days before calling in.

I entrusted my car to Boulder Auto Detail for ceramic coating and could not be more happy with the outcome. They did a very thorough paint correction (after 2 weeks there were quite a few fine paint scratches) and applied 4 of regular Ceramic Pro and one light coat. This may be overkill but the outcome is amazing. They were very good at keeping me up to date with the process with pictures and videos.

Thought others in Boulder might be interested.

Reactions: rdlink
Not me. But then again I wasn't expecting them this soon. I took delivery on 9/26, and my temp tags are good until 11/23. Given that, and what I've been reading about the lag time the soonest I'm really expecting to get them is early November.
They did things a little differently at delivery this time. I only had to sign one paper. They said initial paperwork should arrive in a couple weeks. The final registration paperwork comes about 6 weeks after delivery.

• Informative
Reactions: scp3dm and Runt8
They did things a little differently at delivery this time. I only had to sign one paper. They said initial paperwork should arrive in a couple weeks. The final registration paperwork comes about 6 weeks after delivery.

When I took delivery they had me sign about four papers. My temp registration was in the car, and my temp tag had a number on it.

When my SiL took delivery on his on the final Saturday push they didn't give him his temp registration, and his temp tag was blank with no number. I read somewhere that they were telling people that their computer with a connection to the DMV was down that day. It may have been, or they may have just been overwhelmed, and decided not to deal with that. They didn't even ask him for proof of insurance, and he financed his car. Anyway, he received his temp registration and another temp tag with a number on it within a week.

they had changed how they were dealing with body shop issues and that the body shop they were using was backed up.
Yep, basically body shops they work with are overloaded with work for ~ 5 weeks out and for that reason they do not schedule appointments anymore. They want to catch up on the backlog first. I was told that Tesla will call me in about a month and tell me if I can schedule an appointment then.

Took delivery 9/28 and still haven't received any paperwork. I expected to receive a postcard from the DMV once they had received the info from Tesla. Colorado DMV allows you to search to see the status. I enter my VIN and purchase date and it replies "The information you entered could not be verified." Calls to Littleton are unanswered; they roll to the corporate call center where the wait time is estimated to be 50 min.

Took delivery 9/28 and still haven't received any paperwork. I expected to receive a postcard from the DMV once they had received the info from Tesla. Colorado DMV allows you to search to see the status. I enter my VIN and purchase date and it replies "The information you entered could not be verified." Calls to Littleton are unanswered; they roll to the corporate call center where the wait time is estimated to be 50 min.

Same here, took delivery 9/29 and nothing yet. I hope it's better than when I bought a CPO 2013 S a couple years ago when the process dragged out for like 6 months having to go in several times to get temporary extensions.

Reactions: Rob D
We stopped by Tesla today and got another 60 day tag. It only took a couple minutes. Depending on where you live, it might be cheaper and faster to go there instead of the DMV.
Good idea. I should have thought of that sooner. Maybe I could have left a VM with the sales side (vehicle delivery still has a full VM box) and asked them to mail me one. Unfortunately it is a 60-90 minute one-way drive to the service center so it is easier to just go to local DMV.

Good idea. I should have thought of that sooner. Maybe I could have left a VM with the sales side (vehicle delivery still has a full VM box) and asked them to mail me one. Unfortunately it is a 60-90 minute one-way drive to the service center so it is easier to just go to local DMV.
Yeah. Luckily we are only about 15 minutes away and this way I saved the $3 on the temp tag. Lol

We stopped by Tesla today and got another 60 day tag. It only took a couple minutes. Depending on where you live, it might be cheaper and faster to go there instead of the DMV.
This! Go to Tesla and get a new temp tag. They are used to this. Before I could even finish mud sentence, they were off getting me a new one.

If you try and go to the DMV for a temp tag, they will charge you the additional sales tax due. Since I didn’t have a copy of what I paid at delivery, they wouldn’t give me one.

And a day later my title from Tesla appeared via priority mail.