Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Completely Disgusted.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was told today that Tesla will not honor ANY of the answers given to me by their inside sales person Preston. (I have a copy of the information given. On the day I have an electrical outlet installed, they tell me no you won't get air suspension, premium package lighting, etc. After Preston told me I would. I have promptly cancelled my order and I am going to cancel my model 3 reservation too. The disorganization of this company is staggering. The Model 3 would have been my 3rd Tesla, but Tesla is way to transactional to take responsibility for what their staff says or does.

Now I have a useless outlet in my garage. Maybe BMW will have something soon.......

I am really done with Tesla.....DONE.

Could you provide more details? When I ordered my Tesla, I did it using the online configurator, and got precisely what I ordered. Are you saying that you had a sales rep ("Preston") do your online configuration, and he lied to you about what was being ordered? I would certainly not trust anyone to order a product like a Tesla vehicle, and not review the order before it is submitted. (On the other hand, if "Preston" told you he could somehow get you these options for free, that should be investigated... if that is that case, I'd bet that "Preston" actually is working for one of Tesla's competitors.... sounds like behavior of your classical car dealership....)

Could you provide more details? When I ordered my Tesla, I did it using the online configurator, and got precisely what I ordered. Are you saying that you had a sales rep ("Preston") do your online configuration, and he lied to you about what was being ordered? I would certainly not trust anyone to order a product like a Tesla vehicle, and not review the order before it is submitted. (On the other hand, if "Preston" told you he could somehow get you these options for free, that should be investigated... if that is that case, I'd bet that "Preston" actually is working for one of Tesla's competitors.... sounds like behavior of your classical car dealership....)

He works for Tesla. He made a bunch of errors. My local contact is working on the issue now....

it appears the OP ordered before the change to all air suspension happened and then he felt that he was entitled to get the suspension as if he ordered after the change. I hate to sound abrupt but this is how tesla works, people have missed important upgrades before and I am sure that there will be more instances like this in the future. It is tough medicine to accept but tesla delivered what he ordered.

it appears the OP ordered before the change to all air suspension happened and then he felt that he was entitled to get the suspension as if he ordered after the change. I hate to sound abrupt but this is how tesla works, people have missed important upgrades before and I am sure that there will be more instances like this in the future. It is tough medicine to accept but tesla delivered what he ordered.

Not really correct. Tesla was actually prepared to deliver what was ordered at an extra $1000.00 off showroom discount. Then an inside sales advisor at Tesla after being told of my July 6th order date, indicated that the upgrades would be included in my order and I would get the $1000.00 off. It took Tesla 5 days to correct this information, then I indicated my desire to cancel my order. Now Tesla is reviewing what can be done. I have the sales advisor's communications in writing. The disorganization really needs to be addressed.

• Helpful
Reactions: TaoJones
I can't understand your situation.

It sounded you bought a used car in a show room without clicking on the web and some how what you ordered in person with sales advisor Preston is not the same as what now appears on the receipt?
It sounds like Tesla was going to deliver OP's original order (without air suspension, etc) but give OP an $1,000 discount for missing out on these, but then Preston told OP they will get the air suspension _and_ the $1,000 off due to their order date. But now Tesla is saying either OP won't get the air suspension or the $1,000 off (OP didn't specify which).

...The disorganization really needs to be addressed.

So far, the only disorganization is this thread that everyone seems to guess what the sequence of events are.

Can't you just give some basic facts?

I gathered the below is what you are trying to present?

Date of purchase: 7/6/2017

Method of purchase:
.Not online
.Not by myself
.Sales Advisor clicked what I wanted on the web for me
.Sales Advisor gave me the documentation of what were clicked with options and prices including $1,000 off.

Date of problem:

The day of electrical outlet installation: Tesla does not honor those options and discount.

Date of resolution:

5 days later, Tesla corrected the information as there are documented printouts from the date of purchase on 7/6/2017.

Date of owner response:
7/27/2017 as presented on this thread: order cancelled by owner. And model 3 reservation cancellation next too because "The disorganization really needs to be addressed."

Tesla's response:
"reviewing"

So far, the only disorganization is this thread that everyone seems to guess what the sequence of events are.

Can't you just give some basic facts?

I gathered the below is what you are trying to present?

Date of purchase: 7/6/2017

Method of purchase:
.Not online
.Not by myself
.Sales Advisor clicked what I wanted on the web for me
.Sales Advisor gave me the documentation of what were clicked with options and prices including $1,000 off.

Date of problem:

The day of electrical outlet installation: Tesla does not honor those options and discount.

Date of resolution:

5 days later, Tesla corrected the information as there are documented printouts from the date of purchase on 7/6/2017.

Date of owner response:
7/27/2017 as presented on this thread: order cancelled by owner. And model 3 reservation cancellation next too because "The disorganization really needs to be addressed."

Tesla's response:
"reviewing"

Not what I read, I saw

- ordered car
- new features announced (and effectively price changes) before delivery, possibly before manufacture
- tesla advises buyer will get them
- tesla then decide they won't.

In the UK where lead times are much longer, people don't have a clue what they're getting, which battery pack (i.e. the 85 in a 75 car), and while I subscribe to the 'you got what you bought' argument, the randomness of 'someone who bought the same day got the updates but I didn't" doesn't sit well.

Reactions: P100DHG.
Then an inside sales advisor at Tesla after being told of my July 6th order date, indicated that the upgrades would be included in my order and I would get the $1000.00 off. It took Tesla 5 days to correct this information, then I indicated my desire to cancel my order.

So a guy makes a mistake and you demand reliance on it after you entered an agreement to get even less? Makes sense. Jump all over a mistake. Nice guy.

I was told in Dec 2013 that they'd waive the destination and doc fee of $1,170.00 if I ordered before the end of the year. I then posted that here (stupidly) and I was told that getting a break like that from Tesla was unheard of -- as if I wasn't telling the truth. I then went to order and asked the sales rep how to get it off the webpage order and he looked into it and told me he was wrong and it didn't apply. I'm convinced it was because I posted here but perhaps he made a mistake. How he could make a mistake like that makes no sense.

I shrugged it off and went on with the order and I'm sure glad I did. It seems to me you're cutting off the nose to spite the face but I don't think Tesla will miss you.

The disorganization really needs to be addressed.

Same with the way you write your posts.

The way I'm reading it, you configured a Tesla in the store, where air suspension, premium lighting was included, and with a $1000 discount. Then Tesla voided that offer five days later.

What does the printout actually say about air suspension? Does it say "included" or "X USD"?

(If it isn't listed on the printout, the car you configured doesn't have it. Then it becomes a question of who made the mistake. Did you fail to convey your desire for air suspension, did the Tesla employee fail to understand your desire for air suspension, or make promises that he couldn't keep? If Tesla needs to talk to the employee to get to the bottom of it, that would be entirely understandable, given the nature of the disagreement.)

Last edited:
It sounded you bought a used car in a show room without clicking on the web and some how what you ordered in person with sales advisor Preston is not the same as what now appears on the receipt?

You misunderstand. This is not a showroom demo car purchase or any such thing. Tesla applied a "Showroom Discount" to factory ordered cars that are yet to be delivered but missed out on upgraded standard specs. That was Tesla's own strange wording, stemming from the (untrue) "fact" that Tesla does not offer discounts...

So a guy makes a mistake and you demand reliance on it after you entered an agreement to get even less? Makes sense. Jump all over a mistake. Nice guy.

You don't think Tesla should honor the word their employees give to customers?

After all, they could easily honor this word by allowing a re-order with original deposit untouched.