Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Comprehensive USB Bug List

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On 2.52.20, after a 10 minute stop, it started another rescan (sigh!). Also, when it finally finished scanning it once again 'hijacked' the user interface (sigh!) and I had to do the trick of opening the songs list and selecting a different song, then I could regain control.

So none of that stuff is improved as far as I can see.

That's actually pretty interesting since I have album, artist, track, title name in all my filenames (screw you iTunes and your track/title only BS). I might try this out. At least then things will play in album order. I wonder how search would react?
Try selecting "Keep iTunes Media folder organized" in advanced preferences. It will add disk number and track number to imported file names.

• Helpful
Reactions: supratachophobia
If you go that far, the filenames become too long to actually read the song titles :)
I just do "## - Song Name.mp3" in my files, and determine artist/album by the directory structure.
I've always considered it a bug that they don't wrap long song and album titles to a second line. There's plenty of wasted white space that could be filled with text in those big buttons.

evp said:
Try selecting "Keep iTunes Media folder organized" in advanced preferences. It will add disk number and track number to imported file names.

It's there in iTunes for Windows Version 12.5.4.42.
Sorry, i thought you were talking about that mac program that people are using to do workarounds fit the media player. Also, Id never use a junk program like iTunes. Winamp Pro FTW!

2.52.11 installed this morning.

For those following my saga being in the Tesla Twilight Zone, upon installation of .11,
- My USB MP interface is back to normal, including Album Art and graphics inside the favorites icons
- And FWIW, USB music was playing as I set the update to install immediately, and upon completion the same track was playing

In terms of EQ:
- There are 5 sliders, each with +12 / -12 granularity
- While running errands, I have turned my MS on/off now 3 times since the update. EQ settings are still in place! Wooo-Haaa!

...and it just may be because I'm on the verge of possibly exiting the Tesla Twilight Zone, but honestly, my impression of my UHFS is the sound quality is superior to what it's ever been before. Now, as I say, that is certainly subjective, but with the EQ changes that seem to have come in with this code drop, perhaps there have been improvements. IDK. As to other things (like random/shuffle) people are interested in, IDK since I'm on a testing sabbatical. ;)

2.52.11 installed this morning.

For those following my saga being in the Tesla Twilight Zone, upon installation of .11,
- My USB MP interface is back to normal, including Album Art and graphics inside the favorites icons
- And FWIW, USB music was playing as I set the update to install immediately, and upon completion the same track was playing

In terms of EQ:
- There are 5 sliders, each with +12 / -12 granularity
- While running errands, I have turned my MS on/off now 3 times since the update. EQ settings are still in place! Wooo-Haaa!

...and it just may be because I'm on the verge of possibly exiting the Tesla Twilight Zone, but honestly, my impression of my UHFS is the sound quality is superior to what it's ever been before. Now, as I say, that is certainly subjective, but with the EQ changes that seem to have come in with this code drop, perhaps there have been improvements. IDK. As to other things (like random/shuffle) people are interested in, IDK since I'm on a testing sabbatical. ;)
FWIW my EQ settings took 24 hours or a charge to reset in the previous FE so for me it's still too soon to declare victory.

re: shuffle - do you mean the problem when starting with any particular song, shuffle will always play the exact same sequence of songs thereafter?
if so, bad news... Shuffle is still not so random, I just updated to 5.52.22 and shuffle still does this.

Then that's not what I initially observed. With 118, I was seeing a couple of things. The first was that the play sequence was different for a the single same track when played multiple times throughout the day. The second was that trying to find the duplicate order, which in the past was done by just hitting shuffle on/off a couple times. Each play-through that was different up to 4 iterations. And I could not get it to duplicate any of those 4. However, I only spent 2hrs in the car yesterday so maybe I'm not collecting enough info. If you say it's back to broken, I believe you. It could be that the massive re-scan after not using USB for a month just setup a completely new sequence of non-random shuffled, but not shuffled music.