Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Concerns about waiting in line for superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry even one more totally off topic nerdy comment.

I was a vi person for many years. Never took the time to use emacs.

Have been fortunate to not have to work for years. But a while ago I really needed to do so editing on my mac in a shell window. I couldn't believe how my fingers immediately remembered those key sequences!

Ok, one more OT nerdy comment.

I'm a unix system administrator at a tech company. When I sent out the announcement that vim (vi Improved) was installed, I added a comment that "I don't see how you can improve on perfection". Got quite a few funny responses on that, mostly in agreement with the sentiment. :)

Whenever I see an ICE'd parking spot I place a sign on the drivers door, sandwiched between the window and rubber seal.

Help yourselves to the following notice

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2881567/Courtesy%20Parking%20Notice.docx

I print it on Card stock to make it easily slip between the rubber seal and drivers window.

On our recent trip to CA over Memorial Day we had 30 supercharger stops.
Not one was completely ICED.
One station had three of 6 stations ICED on our way out to CA.
On our return trip, the same supercharger had a construction barrel that had been placed there by the hotel staff. It had a sign indicating EV charging only, violators would be towed. And, no ICE vehicles.

If you see an ICED charger and the sign says EV charging only, call TESLA.
If the sign says general parking, you are out of luck, but call anyways.

The staff can't fix it if they don't know about it. Likewise, Tesla can't fix it if they don't know about it.
Of the two situations I know of where this was an issue, once Tesla and the business owner were made aware of it, it got resolved.