Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Connected Solutions Real-World Experiences (MA - National Grid / EverSource)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey everyone

I was hoping that folks in Massachusetts could share their real-world experiences with Connected Solutions so far this year.

Asking because my mom lives in SE MA and has EverSource - her experience so far this year has been a bit disappointing. She's had overwhelming 3-hr events (18/20) with EverSource calling events almost every weekday for the last 3 weeks even when it was cool weather and/or cloudy out. This has resulted in only a 6.6 average kW discharge for the season which is a good deal lower than the relatively conservative estimates I'd made. Perhaps my estimates were too optimistic but also perhaps it has something to do with my estimates being based on National Grid events, as opposed to EverSource. Of course, they were also based on last summer so there's that possibility too.

So... could anyone share how their events are so far this year? I live in Bellingham and have National Grid - anyone out this way? I ask predominantly because I was counting on CS as a major offset to the cost of the PWs and this is weakening that offset.

Many thanks in advance!

I just received a check from EverSource, which was somewhat unexpected since payment for prior season came from Tesla. My understanding is that utility company pays to Tesla which takes 20% for intermediation services and forwards the rest to the customer.
That was my understanding and experience from prior seasons. It will be interesting to see how this develops.

Upvote 0
Reactions: solarAddict
Upvote 0
I'm waiting too. RI National Grid here. If it's coming from National Grid this year and not Tesla we are screwed, they suck. Got my check from Tesla last year the first week in December. Everything National Grid does takes way longer than it should.

Upvote 0
lol. The squeaky wheel gets the grease I guess. It could be coincidence of course.

Attachments

• AE1D241C-20A2-4F05-8FB8-760263786102.jpeg
    AE1D241C-20A2-4F05-8FB8-760263786102.jpeg
    738.5 KB · Views: 111
  • 7662BFA1-B8F3-4B4C-B018-8B0CFB74F372.png
    7662BFA1-B8F3-4B4C-B018-8B0CFB74F372.png
    260.5 KB · Views: 64
Upvote 0