Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Convince me to stay with a Model X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mercedes Benz, Porsche might be late to the EV market but are prestigious name brands and hold their value well; Unlike Tesla, now competing with Toyota Camry’s, under $40K market 😬
just remember, tesla is the only profitable ev maker on every ev sold... no one else make any profit on any single ev sold...

tesla is #1 autonomous driving software, same for battery, same for infrastructure... etc... and same for value...

Reactions: WyoDude
just remember, tesla is the only profitable ev maker on every ev sold... no one else make any profit on any single ev sold...

tesla is #1 autonomous driving software, same for battery, same for infrastructure... etc... and same for value...
So you’re saying that even though Musk dropped the prices drastically, he’s still making a good profit? That sucks for those who paid much higher prices 😬 and now their cars are devaluated🤦🏻

So you’re saying that even though Musk dropped the prices drastically, he’s still making a good profit? That sucks for those who paid much higher prices 😬 and now their cars are devaluated🤦🏻
well it s called life... you make the best decision that you can at the time of the making...

and if ur cryin over that small amount of dollar differences... don t ever expect to retire this lifetime...

Here’s one key reason to keep the Model X…. How many other cars (that’s not a Rolls Royce or Bentley) let alone, EV’s have fully automated power doors?! The Falcon wings are cool yea yea.. but the fact that the front driver and passenger doors are full auto open and close is my favorite feature of the Model X. I love that Tesla has kept it exclusive to the X also, makes it a really special vehicle IMO.

I’m actually surprised that the auto front doors is not featured on the Model X feature descriptions and that nobody ever talks about it.

Walking up to the car and having the driver door auto open is super nice. Pulling up to a waiting passenger and then popping their door open (they never expect it) is a slick move.

Reactions: Pho3k and cdub
Here’s one key reason to keep the Model X…. How many other cars (that’s not a Rolls Royce or Bentley) let alone, EV’s have fully automated power doors?! The Falcon wings are cool yea yea.. but the fact that the front driver and passenger doors are full auto open and close is my favorite feature of the Model X. I love that Tesla has kept it exclusive to the X also, makes it a really special vehicle IMO.

I’m actually surprised that the auto front doors is not featured on the Model X feature descriptions and that nobody ever talks about it.

Walking up to the car and having the driver door auto open is super nice. Pulling up to a waiting passenger and then popping their door open (they never expect it) is a slick move.
Too bad that this functionality does not work properly on the 2023 models (which I'm expecting next week or so). It opens only several inches.
Allready discussed on this forum on the Dutch part.

well it s called life... you make the best decision that you can at the time of the making...

and if ur cryin over that small amount of dollar differences... don t ever expect to retire this lifetime...
LOL been retired for a while and completely content with life; Thank God/Jesus, money never been a problem
Simply pointing out the unstableness of what seemed a great company and sound vehicle brand.
Happy memorial 🇺🇸 weekend..

Reactions: efudd and cdub
Wow, some posts on the MB EQS Facebook Groups sound exactly like people complaining about their Teslas.

One guy in the Netherlands mentions problems with "door handles, charging speed, climate control, the closing of the drivers door window etc etc.", and asks about legal recourse.

Someone else there responds with "We brought our EQS back after three months", at a loss of 20K (Euros I assume, so about $21.4K), calls it "a terrible experience" and declares "Never a MB again."

Another comments in Dutch (I clicked "Translate") that nothing worked right on his EQS, but MB couldn't figure it out and kept saying everything was fine, despite power train hiccups, software problems, navigation failures causing the battery to not preheat, slow charging, failure to start up, and a malfunctioning Active Lane Assist that did not keep the car between the road lines as well as his Tesla, causing him to almost wipe out while turning a corner and putting lives at risk. He calls MB "bandits", lol.

@Sonus you can't make this stuff up, and I doubt these are Tesla trolls, lol, so I highly suggest joining the Mercedes Benz EQS / EQS SUV group on Facebook. The above is from this post: [permalink].

Last edited:
People rarely join forums groups to praise.

Yes internet forums are usually skewed towards complaints, with the exception of enthusiast threads focused on photos, accessories, and customization. Also I think MB owners are particularly demanding. Still, I'm amazed at how similar those complaints are to what we see here on TMC.

Her you go, a post this morning; Tell him what you think of him, since you know everything about every Tesla owner 😲🤦🏻😂🤣
IMG_4382.jpeg

@Msicario , I don’t know where that screenshot came from, but that guy has a point. EV’s aren’t ready yet to achieve both expectations and performance.

Tesla seems to have a good recipe and obviously their products work well when they actually work. But their service is piss-poor, have garbage interiors, and rely on gimmicks instead of delivering a rounded package.

MB, BMW, Ford, VW, GM, Audi, etc aren’t really ready for prime time either as they work out the bugs. So yeah that’s why we now have a GLS. ICE is the best for now.

Maybe there’s a salty group of curmudgeons on some GLS forum? There isn’t much activity on MBWorld for a GLS lol.

However, I’d still take a EQS 580 over a Model X right now. Don’t need to deal with mini-Elons when going with a Benz.

I made this thread to discuss some possible ideas. I think it just boils down to Elon behaves a certain way, so people who align with Elon will behave a similar way. And I don't think anyone out there would make the claim that Elon cares much about how users/customers feel about his products/services.

Yeah, I was begging them to actually help me stay in a Tesla MX. They were mansplaining to my wife about how our kids and my wife's mother were perfectly safe in a car that had a propensity to shut down since all cars have that type of problem. And they couldn't care less about the absolutely abysmal manufacturing defects and terrible delivery we had experienced so far.

My wife offered to just hit "reset" on this and requested Tesla to put us in a different 2023 Ultra Red, white-interior, 7-seater, with 22" wheels, and a yoke. That's when Tesla said it sounded like we had buyer's remorse since "that's not how the auto industry works ma'am, and it sounds like your car is too expensive for you".

I took out my phone and showed them pictures "Look at my dream Tesla Garage!!! I have 3x Powerwalls, a Performance 3 (red with white interior), and 2 Gen 3 wall connectors. I put 50% cash down on this 2023 Model X. I wannnnnttt a working Model X pleeeeasseeee don't screw this upppp."

The guy actually said "you didn't take those images off the internet?"

So I had to load my Google home app and loaded the effing camera in my garage. He got a live view of my 3x Powerwalls, 2x Gen 3 TWC's, and a red P3 sitting there. But an empty spot where a 2023 Ultra Red MX with 22"s was supposed to be parked.

That's when he just said "we can't help you sorry - you just need to have patience. what you're asking for is unreasonable."

Tesla is doing @Sonus a favor; he'll be a lot happier leaving the Tesla ecosystem.

wtf? Is there any other service center locations or delivery centers near you? That one sounds horrible and hasn't been my experience.

Reactions: oldsport
Yes internet forums are usually skewed towards complaints, with the exception of enthusiast threads focused on photos, accessories, and customization. Also I think MB owners are particularly demanding. Still, I'm amazed at how similar those complaints are to what we see here on TMC.

You know what is impressive? I think Nissan Leaf forums by and large have a very positive experience. Maybe I don’t browse enough of those forums, but I don’t see people having the same negative sentiment you’re mentioning about the MB FB group or here on TMC about how trash the service is.

Reactions: cdub
wtf? Is there any other service center locations or delivery centers near you? That one sounds horrible and hasn't been my experience.

Yeah once your car is in the clutches of a center and is rendered inoperable, they will not tow it to another center.

But my wife has ways… once she gets pissed she gets results. When Tesla wouldn’t do a collateral swap, she got them to agree to a buyback hah.

IMO a collateral swap would have been better for Tesla, but what do I know.

Reactions: cdub
You know what is impressive? I think Nissan Leaf forums by and large have a very positive experience. Maybe I don’t browse enough of those forums, but I don’t see people having the same negative sentiment you’re mentioning about the MB FB group or here on TMC about how trash the service is.
We're all ok with driving a dork-mobile so we're all friendly people. 🤣

When I got my Leaf it was the only real choice if you couldn't afford a $100k Tesla roadster. (S hadn't come out yet) I was on the mynissanleaf forum back then.

@Sonus you can't make this stuff up, and I doubt these are Tesla trolls, lol, so I highly suggest joining the Mercedes Benz EQS / EQS SUV group on Facebook. The above is from this post: [permalink].
My wife wants the Tesla, the reason she does not want the EQS is the charging network, we used to have an iPace and had to trade it in after 4 months due to not being able to charge it on the road. She still remembers how we were stuck all the time when taking it on a road trip even though it was over 3 years ago. Never had an issue with charging the X.

I got a call from Tesla 10 minutes ago saying my new X is ready to be dropped off at my house tomorrow... I am so upset with them and I don't know what to do.
I always support my wife no matter what so despite me don't want another X it looks like I will get it.

My wife wants the Tesla, the reason she does not want the EQS is the charging network, we used to have an iPace and had to trade it in after 4 months due to not being able to charge it on the road. She still remembers how we were stuck all the time when taking it on a road trip even though it was over 3 years ago. Never had an issue with charging the X.

I got a call from Tesla 10 minutes ago saying my new X is ready to be dropped off at my house tomorrow... I am so upset with them and I don't know what to do.
I always support my wife no matter what so despite me don't want another X it looks like I will get it.

Well, there's your decision right there: happy wife, happy life! :)

I'd give EA and other charging networks a bit more time to mature, not to mention MB quality, then look again.

That's great that Tesla is able to get you a new X by tomorrow. Please keep us posted on how you feel about the decision. Enjoy your new ride!

How the hell do you guys get your Model X's dropped off at home? They made us drive from East Bay to Sunnyvale... and the car they delivered was dinged and dirty and manufactured by drunk people (or drunk robots). There was no option for home delivery when I ordered in April?

But yeah, I just hope your Model X doesn't stall out while your wife is driving it. Dunno how your wife will pick between a stalling car and a bad charging network.

Edit, yeah I'm coming across as overly negative because I was hoping you'd get an EQS lol. I think if the Model X delivers on the expectations you and your wife expect, this is a good outcome for you. I mean, it's a Model X Plaid with Tesla's charging network ... it's gonna be fast and easy to live with. And as EV_Dad notes, enjoy the ride and keep your eyes open when it comes time to get the next vehicle.

Last edited: